Microsoft has cut a deal with Blockchain company Ripple to add a pure play transactional financial services angle to its recently released blockchain-as-a-service (BaaS) toolkit.
Microsoft recently announced in October plans to provide a blockchain platform on its Azure cloud using Ethereum. The idea is to create a “fail fast and cheap” ecosystem to mix and match technologies in a Dev-Test sandbox for customers experimenting with blockchain technologies.
Under the plans, customers will be able to evaluate different implementations, performance test and build prototypes in a one-click environment, and make it available to end-users for refinement and performance testing.
In an update on the programme, Marley Gray, Microsoft’s director of technology strategy for US financial services, says several packages are in the pipeline with reference implementations and samples specific to financial services, via the adoption of C++ Ethereum and Ethereum on Windows Server.
“We’re exploring how the Interledger Protocol can be used by the Azure enterprise and developer community to enable new and novel use cases within Microsoft’s blockchain as a service offering, said Gray.”
He says Azure BaaS is already operating a validating node for the benefit of bank users on the Ripple concensus network.
“Microsoft would like to onboard Ripple’s recently introduced Interldger Protocol, which enables transactions between distributed and traditional bank ledgers, as part of the package.”
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018
- Nem, Proximax, And Pundi X Join Growing List Of Sportsfix Sponsor Partners - October 23, 2018
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018