Microsoft has cut a deal with Blockchain company Ripple to add a pure play transactional financial services angle to its recently released blockchain-as-a-service (BaaS) toolkit.
Microsoft recently announced in October plans to provide a blockchain platform on its Azure cloud using Ethereum. The idea is to create a “fail fast and cheap” ecosystem to mix and match technologies in a Dev-Test sandbox for customers experimenting with blockchain technologies.
Under the plans, customers will be able to evaluate different implementations, performance test and build prototypes in a one-click environment, and make it available to end-users for refinement and performance testing.
In an update on the programme, Marley Gray, Microsoft’s director of technology strategy for US financial services, says several packages are in the pipeline with reference implementations and samples specific to financial services, via the adoption of C++ Ethereum and Ethereum on Windows Server.
“We’re exploring how the Interledger Protocol can be used by the Azure enterprise and developer community to enable new and novel use cases within Microsoft’s blockchain as a service offering, said Gray.”
He says Azure BaaS is already operating a validating node for the benefit of bank users on the Ripple concensus network.
“Microsoft would like to onboard Ripple’s recently introduced Interldger Protocol, which enables transactions between distributed and traditional bank ledgers, as part of the package.”
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019