For financial institutions, Blockchain technology holds great promise as a way to drive efficiencies and grease the friction in financial payment and settlement systems that have been slow to change. It also offers the potential to revolutionize the issuance and tracking of stocks and shares.
Over the last year, many of the world’s biggest banks have started seriously experimenting with the Blockchain as a means to solve a variety of issues with legacy financial systems and many banks have started their own research projects or joined consortia to experiment with the technology, explore use cases, and, potentially, bring banking into a new era of efficiency and connectivity.
In Coindesk’s new report, Banks and the Blockchain, the editorial team of specialists fully explore the potential of the Blockchain in the financial services industry, evaluates the main players and highlight some of the opportunities for the technology to disrupt traditional mechanisms in the financial markets. It also describes some of the potential challenges faced by pioneers in this sector, and outlines some possible solutions.
- An introduction to the mechanics of blockchain technology and why it is different from bitcoin the currency
- The advantages of blockchain tech within finance, from transparency and transaction speed to low cost
- Specific use cases for the blockchain within banking, from settlements and clearing to payments and more
- The rush to distributed ledger technology within the finance sector
- The challenges for financial blockchains
- A look at the companies now specializing in blockchain services.
To get your copy of the report, click here.
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019