For financial institutions, Blockchain technology holds great promise as a way to drive efficiencies and grease the friction in financial payment and settlement systems that have been slow to change. It also offers the potential to revolutionize the issuance and tracking of stocks and shares.
Over the last year, many of the world’s biggest banks have started seriously experimenting with the Blockchain as a means to solve a variety of issues with legacy financial systems and many banks have started their own research projects or joined consortia to experiment with the technology, explore use cases, and, potentially, bring banking into a new era of efficiency and connectivity.
In Coindesk's new report, Banks and the Blockchain, the editorial team of specialists fully explore the potential of the Blockchain in the financial services industry, evaluates the main players and highlight some of the opportunities for the technology to disrupt traditional mechanisms in the financial markets. It also describes some of the potential challenges faced by pioneers in this sector, and outlines some possible solutions.
- An introduction to the mechanics of blockchain technology and why it is different from bitcoin the currency
- The advantages of blockchain tech within finance, from transparency and transaction speed to low cost
- Specific use cases for the blockchain within banking, from settlements and clearing to payments and more
- The rush to distributed ledger technology within the finance sector
- The challenges for financial blockchains
- A look at the companies now specializing in blockchain services.
To get your copy of the report, click here.