For financial institutions, Blockchain technology holds great promise as a way to drive efficiencies and grease the friction in financial payment and settlement systems that have been slow to change. It also offers the potential to revolutionize the issuance and tracking of stocks and shares.
Over the last year, many of the world’s biggest banks have started seriously experimenting with the Blockchain as a means to solve a variety of issues with legacy financial systems and many banks have started their own research projects or joined consortia to experiment with the technology, explore use cases, and, potentially, bring banking into a new era of efficiency and connectivity.
In Coindesk’s new report, Banks and the Blockchain, the editorial team of specialists fully explore the potential of the Blockchain in the financial services industry, evaluates the main players and highlight some of the opportunities for the technology to disrupt traditional mechanisms in the financial markets. It also describes some of the potential challenges faced by pioneers in this sector, and outlines some possible solutions.
- An introduction to the mechanics of blockchain technology and why it is different from bitcoin the currency
- The advantages of blockchain tech within finance, from transparency and transaction speed to low cost
- Specific use cases for the blockchain within banking, from settlements and clearing to payments and more
- The rush to distributed ledger technology within the finance sector
- The challenges for financial blockchains
- A look at the companies now specializing in blockchain services.
To get your copy of the report, click here.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019