Out of the 151 institutions – comprising banks, their issuing and investing clients, tech companies, law firms and regulators – that answered Euromoney’s questions on the Blockchain in 2015 more than half think that it will transform banking fundamentally.
Euromoney conducted the survey in December and published the results here.
More than half of all respondents think blockchain technology will transform banking fundamentally, while another third think it will be an important technological tool for improving efficiency, though perhaps not utterly disruptive.
Only one in eight think that either it is just hype and will not have much effect or that it should be characterized just as one new technology among many others. Two thirds of all respondents believe that most business will be done on permissioned blockchain networks, created, controlled and verified by industry incumbents, with less than one in 10 believing that the public blockchain behind bitcoin – the only one currently up and running – will be the main venue for wholesale financial transactions.
Not a single respondent from any bank believes that banking business will go on the bitcoin blockchain.
Asked which businesses are most likely to be transformed by the blockchain, 11% suggest trading of securities as smart contracts, 14% suggest clearing and settlement and 18% payments, with 12% suggesting different use cases.
Full article can be read here.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019