Out of the 151 institutions – comprising banks, their issuing and investing clients, tech companies, law firms and regulators – that answered Euromoney’s questions on the Blockchain in 2015 more than half think that it will transform banking fundamentally.
Euromoney conducted the survey in December and published the results here.
More than half of all respondents think blockchain technology will transform banking fundamentally, while another third think it will be an important technological tool for improving efficiency, though perhaps not utterly disruptive.
Only one in eight think that either it is just hype and will not have much effect or that it should be characterized just as one new technology among many others. Two thirds of all respondents believe that most business will be done on permissioned blockchain networks, created, controlled and verified by industry incumbents, with less than one in 10 believing that the public blockchain behind bitcoin – the only one currently up and running – will be the main venue for wholesale financial transactions.
Not a single respondent from any bank believes that banking business will go on the bitcoin blockchain.
Asked which businesses are most likely to be transformed by the blockchain, 11% suggest trading of securities as smart contracts, 14% suggest clearing and settlement and 18% payments, with 12% suggesting different use cases.
Full article can be read here.
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019