Sujata Sangwan from Iamwire is reporting that India-based Blockchain company Zebpay has raised nearly $1 million in series A funding round led by growth equity investor Arjun Handa, CMD & VP of Claris Life sciences, along with other investors including Amit Jindal, MD of Jindal worldwide.
The company intends to utilize the raised funding to ramp up innovation of its Blockchain based services and talent acquisition to proliferate the reach of its bitcoin wallet in India.
The Indian Economic Times reported that a part of the funding will be used to develop the blockchain technology. Recently, the RBI endorsed the potential of ‘blockchain’ as a future mode of technology for financial transactions in its latest financial stability report.
The company has set up a dedicated blockchain lab in order to leverage blockchain power to innovate authentication, authorization and proof of existence. It is working with a few government sections to offer blockchain solutions which can save thousands of crores in redundant expenses.
“Governments worldwide have acknowledged the fact that blockchain technology has potential to disrupt current financial systems and are exploring ways to benefit from it. It is currently in the nascent stage as what Internet was during the Iraq war. Even RBI, in its recent report on financial stability, has appreciated the strengths of the underlying ‘blockchain’ technology,” Zebpay cofounder Saurabh Aggarwal told the Economic Times.
“The environment in India for cryptocurrency is extremely positive and we are planning to utilise the amount to promote bitcoins as a reliable currency and investment option, enlist more e-vouchers on our mobile platform with a target to expand our user base from 25,000 to around one lakh within the next one year and ultimately become a bitcoin payment gateway.”
Zebpay is a mobile bitcoin wallet that allows its 25,000 users to buy & sell bitcoin, to store bitcoin and also use the bitcoins to buy eCommerce site vouchers & recharge mobile airtime across India. It aims at touching a 500 crore turnover by the end of the year by adding 1 lakh users to its mobile app. The firm was founded by Mahin Gupta, Sandeep Goenka & Saurabh Agrawal.
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019
- China’s LiveDAO To Tap 5G Tech for Live Broadcasting - August 8, 2019