Nomura Research Institute (NRI), a leading provider of consulting services and system solutions, has announced the launch of the second phase of its Proof-of-Concept (PoC) to examine the applicability of Blockchain technology for securities markets.
This project will be done in collaboration with Asia’s leading exchange group, Japan Exchange Group, Inc. (JPX).
“NRI is thrilled to work with JPX and our partners in identifying the potential of blockchain across the securities industry,” said Minoru Yokote, Senior Managing Director of NRI. “As the industry increasingly looks towards what blockchain can provide to enhance operations and technology, we are focused on determining all the challenges and potential benefits of blockchain for future applications across the securities industry.”
Through this partnership, NRI and JPX will assess the usability as well as the challenges of Blockchain technology when applied to securities markets. Along with JPX, the PoC will be supported by Nomura Securities, SBI Securities, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group and others, to ensure the study is explored from various perspectives. The PoC will mainly examine business scenarios and validation items, and prepare prototype systems based on those scenarios. Currency Port Limited will also join the PoC to contribute its Blockchain technology.
This project is a continuance of NRI’s previous effort to promote open innovation in October, 2015 when it established its first PoC on Blockchain with Nomura Securities. The study focused on two main characteristics of Blockchain – the ability to decentralize information, and the ability to resist data tampering when managing stockholders’ accounts. The results of the study have proven that Blockchain technology allows anti-tampering stock information management and gets rid of the need for reconciliation between stockholders.
The second phase of the Blockchain PoC is scheduled to run from April to the end of June 2016.
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
- Thai Actor and Victim’s Bitcoin Buddy Implicated in Kidnapping and Ransom of Singaporean National in Thailand - January 14, 2020
- Securitize Runs First-Ever IRA Investment In Digital Securities - January 14, 2020
- NBA Star Spencer Dinwiddie “Tokenizing” His Contract With or Without NBA Green Light - January 13, 2020
- European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde Says ECB Bullish on Digital Currencies - January 13, 2020
- Canadian Crypto Company Voyager Digital Completes Acquisition of US Registered Broker-Dealer - January 13, 2020
- Cogito, Hong Kong-Based Entertainment Studio, Launches Decentralised Autonomous Virtual Horse Racing Game - January 9, 2020
- Blockchain Bandwagon Company Longfin CEO Settles with US SEC for $400,000 - January 7, 2020
- Winklevoss Brothers Invest in $5 million Seed Round for TaxBit - January 7, 2020
- Securrency Secures $17.65 million in Series A funding round Led by WisdomTree - January 7, 2020
- Measure Protocol Backed with £2m in New Funding for Blockchain-Powered Person-Based Data Marketplace - January 7, 2020
- The Next Wave of Crypto – Traction is Key – And Mobile Mining is Gaining Massive Adoption - January 2, 2020
- Google Reverses Metamask Ban from Playstore - January 1, 2020
- Bankex Launches Token Exchange Engine in Telegram - December 31, 2019