Nomura Research Institute (NRI), a leading provider of consulting services and system solutions, has announced the launch of the second phase of its Proof-of-Concept (PoC) to examine the applicability of Blockchain technology for securities markets.
This project will be done in collaboration with Asia’s leading exchange group, Japan Exchange Group, Inc. (JPX).
“NRI is thrilled to work with JPX and our partners in identifying the potential of blockchain across the securities industry,” said Minoru Yokote, Senior Managing Director of NRI. “As the industry increasingly looks towards what blockchain can provide to enhance operations and technology, we are focused on determining all the challenges and potential benefits of blockchain for future applications across the securities industry.”
Through this partnership, NRI and JPX will assess the usability as well as the challenges of Blockchain technology when applied to securities markets. Along with JPX, the PoC will be supported by Nomura Securities, SBI Securities, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group and others, to ensure the study is explored from various perspectives. The PoC will mainly examine business scenarios and validation items, and prepare prototype systems based on those scenarios. Currency Port Limited will also join the PoC to contribute its Blockchain technology.
This project is a continuance of NRI’s previous effort to promote open innovation in October, 2015 when it established its first PoC on Blockchain with Nomura Securities. The study focused on two main characteristics of Blockchain – the ability to decentralize information, and the ability to resist data tampering when managing stockholders’ accounts. The results of the study have proven that Blockchain technology allows anti-tampering stock information management and gets rid of the need for reconciliation between stockholders.
The second phase of the Blockchain PoC is scheduled to run from April to the end of June 2016.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019