Nomura Research Institute (NRI), a leading provider of consulting services and system solutions, has announced the launch of the second phase of its Proof-of-Concept (PoC) to examine the applicability of Blockchain technology for securities markets.
This project will be done in collaboration with Asia’s leading exchange group, Japan Exchange Group, Inc. (JPX).
“NRI is thrilled to work with JPX and our partners in identifying the potential of blockchain across the securities industry,” said Minoru Yokote, Senior Managing Director of NRI. “As the industry increasingly looks towards what blockchain can provide to enhance operations and technology, we are focused on determining all the challenges and potential benefits of blockchain for future applications across the securities industry.”
Through this partnership, NRI and JPX will assess the usability as well as the challenges of Blockchain technology when applied to securities markets. Along with JPX, the PoC will be supported by Nomura Securities, SBI Securities, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group and others, to ensure the study is explored from various perspectives. The PoC will mainly examine business scenarios and validation items, and prepare prototype systems based on those scenarios. Currency Port Limited will also join the PoC to contribute its Blockchain technology.
This project is a continuance of NRI’s previous effort to promote open innovation in October, 2015 when it established its first PoC on Blockchain with Nomura Securities. The study focused on two main characteristics of Blockchain – the ability to decentralize information, and the ability to resist data tampering when managing stockholders’ accounts. The results of the study have proven that Blockchain technology allows anti-tampering stock information management and gets rid of the need for reconciliation between stockholders.
The second phase of the Blockchain PoC is scheduled to run from April to the end of June 2016.
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019