Nomura Research Institute (NRI), a leading provider of consulting services and system solutions, has announced the launch of the second phase of its Proof-of-Concept (PoC) to examine the applicability of Blockchain technology for securities markets.
This project will be done in collaboration with Asia’s leading exchange group, Japan Exchange Group, Inc. (JPX).
“NRI is thrilled to work with JPX and our partners in identifying the potential of blockchain across the securities industry,” said Minoru Yokote, Senior Managing Director of NRI. “As the industry increasingly looks towards what blockchain can provide to enhance operations and technology, we are focused on determining all the challenges and potential benefits of blockchain for future applications across the securities industry.”
Through this partnership, NRI and JPX will assess the usability as well as the challenges of Blockchain technology when applied to securities markets. Along with JPX, the PoC will be supported by Nomura Securities, SBI Securities, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group and others, to ensure the study is explored from various perspectives. The PoC will mainly examine business scenarios and validation items, and prepare prototype systems based on those scenarios. Currency Port Limited will also join the PoC to contribute its Blockchain technology.
This project is a continuance of NRI’s previous effort to promote open innovation in October, 2015 when it established its first PoC on Blockchain with Nomura Securities. The study focused on two main characteristics of Blockchain – the ability to decentralize information, and the ability to resist data tampering when managing stockholders’ accounts. The results of the study have proven that Blockchain technology allows anti-tampering stock information management and gets rid of the need for reconciliation between stockholders.
The second phase of the Blockchain PoC is scheduled to run from April to the end of June 2016.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019