The Post-Trade Distributed Ledger (PTDL) Group, which brings together major post-trade industry participants and regulators to share information and ideas about how distributed ledger technologies could transform the post-trade landscape, has announced the appointment of three external advisers.
Sandra Ro, Executive Director, Digitization Lead, CME Group and organising committee member of PTDL Group said:
“The potential impact of Blockchain and distributed ledger technology on the post-trade industry is huge, and as with all pioneering developments, there is great excitement but also uncertainty.
“Through PTDL Group, we are connecting post trade practitioners, regulated exchanges, regulators and central banks on this issue to see how best it could benefit the post-trade industry. However, in order to do this effectively, we need external partners with specific specialisms, and we are delighted to be working with EY, Norton Rose Fulbright and Citigate Dewe Rogerson.”
Ernst & Young (EY) will provide general consultancy around Blockchain and distributed ledger technology, Norton Rose Fulbright will advise on legal and regulatory issues affecting PTDL Group and Citigate Dewe Rogerson will assist with public relations activity.
PTDL Group is also announcing that 37 post-trade financial institutions and prominent market infrastructure companies are now members. The geographically diverse membership includes global banks, custodians, CSDs, clearing houses, exchanges, regulators, government agencies, and central banks. Further organisations are set to join in the next few months.
PTDL has also announced that the Group’s organising committee will be made up of representatives from CME Group, State Street, HSBC, UniCredit, Euroclear and London Stock Exchange Group.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019