ChainLab, developer of Wings, a decentralized network for creation, participation and management of Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO), announced today a strategic undisclosed seed investment from Bitmain Technology, the world’s largest bitcoin hardware mining producer. The funds will be used to advance the development of Wings platform prior to the Wings DAO launching, which is expected to occur by the end of Q2 2016.
Jihan Wu, Co-Founder of Bitmain noted:
“Bitmain invested because we see a great team and we look forward to seeing Wings grows into a successful platform for launching DAOs over Rootstock and Ethereum, being an accelerator for the innovation on the public Blockchain.”
Wings is the first multi-Blockchain, Smart Contract based platform for DAOs. The novel system is realized by the integration of Ethereum smart contracts network, the RootStock Bitcoin Virtual Machine (RVM), InterPlanetary File System (IPFS), and 3rd party chat and instant messaging networks.
Regarding the investment, Sebastian Stupurac, CEO of ChainLab said:
“Bitmain showed great interest in the team, thus placing their trust in the identified human potential and experience behind ChainLab. The seed investment in the company followed soon after and it has played an important role in our evolution.”
ChainLab was founded by three Blockchain enthusiasts: Stas Oskin, Sebastian Stupurac, and Boris Povod; The team has prior extensive experience in Blockchain projects and has made it its mission to create scalable, independent and corruption-free solutions for real world problems using Blockchain technology.
The team at ChainLab is currently focusing on creating a public Proof of Concept of the Wings that will showcase the team’s vision of how the creation, participation and management of DAOs should be an effortless and intuitive process, convenient and accessible to all.
Wings will enable anyone with a smartphone to participate in DAOs. With the platform, launching and participating in DAOs becomes quick and intuitive as no smart contracts or coding knowledge is needed. Wings enables this by hiding all the complexity within a conversational user experience of decentralized artificial intelligence chat bots that interact with DAO creators. For DAO members, on-the-go DAO participation and management is realized through the use of the same chat bot interface in popular messaging applications.
Subscribe to the Wings newsletter at https://www.wings.ai and be the first receive news of the upcoming release of the Wings white paper.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019