ChainLab, developer of Wings, a decentralized network for creation, participation and management of Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO), announced today a strategic undisclosed seed investment from Bitmain Technology, the world’s largest bitcoin hardware mining producer. The funds will be used to advance the development of Wings platform prior to the Wings DAO launching, which is expected to occur by the end of Q2 2016.
Jihan Wu, Co-Founder of Bitmain noted:
“Bitmain invested because we see a great team and we look forward to seeing Wings grows into a successful platform for launching DAOs over Rootstock and Ethereum, being an accelerator for the innovation on the public Blockchain.”
Wings is the first multi-Blockchain, Smart Contract based platform for DAOs. The novel system is realized by the integration of Ethereum smart contracts network, the RootStock Bitcoin Virtual Machine (RVM), InterPlanetary File System (IPFS), and 3rd party chat and instant messaging networks.
Regarding the investment, Sebastian Stupurac, CEO of ChainLab said:
“Bitmain showed great interest in the team, thus placing their trust in the identified human potential and experience behind ChainLab. The seed investment in the company followed soon after and it has played an important role in our evolution.”
ChainLab was founded by three Blockchain enthusiasts: Stas Oskin, Sebastian Stupurac, and Boris Povod; The team has prior extensive experience in Blockchain projects and has made it its mission to create scalable, independent and corruption-free solutions for real world problems using Blockchain technology.
The team at ChainLab is currently focusing on creating a public Proof of Concept of the Wings that will showcase the team’s vision of how the creation, participation and management of DAOs should be an effortless and intuitive process, convenient and accessible to all.
Wings will enable anyone with a smartphone to participate in DAOs. With the platform, launching and participating in DAOs becomes quick and intuitive as no smart contracts or coding knowledge is needed. Wings enables this by hiding all the complexity within a conversational user experience of decentralized artificial intelligence chat bots that interact with DAO creators. For DAO members, on-the-go DAO participation and management is realized through the use of the same chat bot interface in popular messaging applications.
Subscribe to the Wings newsletter at https://www.wings.ai and be the first receive news of the upcoming release of the Wings white paper.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019