ChainLab, developer of Wings, a decentralized network for creation, participation and management of Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO), announced today a strategic undisclosed seed investment from Bitmain Technology, the world’s largest bitcoin hardware mining producer. The funds will be used to advance the development of Wings platform prior to the Wings DAO launching, which is expected to occur by the end of Q2 2016.
Jihan Wu, Co-Founder of Bitmain noted:
“Bitmain invested because we see a great team and we look forward to seeing Wings grows into a successful platform for launching DAOs over Rootstock and Ethereum, being an accelerator for the innovation on the public Blockchain.”
Wings is the first multi-Blockchain, Smart Contract based platform for DAOs. The novel system is realized by the integration of Ethereum smart contracts network, the RootStock Bitcoin Virtual Machine (RVM), InterPlanetary File System (IPFS), and 3rd party chat and instant messaging networks.
Regarding the investment, Sebastian Stupurac, CEO of ChainLab said:
“Bitmain showed great interest in the team, thus placing their trust in the identified human potential and experience behind ChainLab. The seed investment in the company followed soon after and it has played an important role in our evolution.”
ChainLab was founded by three Blockchain enthusiasts: Stas Oskin, Sebastian Stupurac, and Boris Povod; The team has prior extensive experience in Blockchain projects and has made it its mission to create scalable, independent and corruption-free solutions for real world problems using Blockchain technology.
The team at ChainLab is currently focusing on creating a public Proof of Concept of the Wings that will showcase the team’s vision of how the creation, participation and management of DAOs should be an effortless and intuitive process, convenient and accessible to all.
Wings will enable anyone with a smartphone to participate in DAOs. With the platform, launching and participating in DAOs becomes quick and intuitive as no smart contracts or coding knowledge is needed. Wings enables this by hiding all the complexity within a conversational user experience of decentralized artificial intelligence chat bots that interact with DAO creators. For DAO members, on-the-go DAO participation and management is realized through the use of the same chat bot interface in popular messaging applications.
Subscribe to the Wings newsletter at https://www.wings.ai and be the first receive news of the upcoming release of the Wings white paper.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019