ChainLab, developer of Wings, a decentralized network for creation, participation and management of Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO), announced today a strategic undisclosed seed investment from Bitmain Technology, the world’s largest bitcoin hardware mining producer. The funds will be used to advance the development of Wings platform prior to the Wings DAO launching, which is expected to occur by the end of Q2 2016.
Jihan Wu, Co-Founder of Bitmain noted:
“Bitmain invested because we see a great team and we look forward to seeing Wings grows into a successful platform for launching DAOs over Rootstock and Ethereum, being an accelerator for the innovation on the public Blockchain.”
Wings is the first multi-Blockchain, Smart Contract based platform for DAOs. The novel system is realized by the integration of Ethereum smart contracts network, the RootStock Bitcoin Virtual Machine (RVM), InterPlanetary File System (IPFS), and 3rd party chat and instant messaging networks.
Regarding the investment, Sebastian Stupurac, CEO of ChainLab said:
“Bitmain showed great interest in the team, thus placing their trust in the identified human potential and experience behind ChainLab. The seed investment in the company followed soon after and it has played an important role in our evolution.”
ChainLab was founded by three Blockchain enthusiasts: Stas Oskin, Sebastian Stupurac, and Boris Povod; The team has prior extensive experience in Blockchain projects and has made it its mission to create scalable, independent and corruption-free solutions for real world problems using Blockchain technology.
The team at ChainLab is currently focusing on creating a public Proof of Concept of the Wings that will showcase the team’s vision of how the creation, participation and management of DAOs should be an effortless and intuitive process, convenient and accessible to all.
Wings will enable anyone with a smartphone to participate in DAOs. With the platform, launching and participating in DAOs becomes quick and intuitive as no smart contracts or coding knowledge is needed. Wings enables this by hiding all the complexity within a conversational user experience of decentralized artificial intelligence chat bots that interact with DAO creators. For DAO members, on-the-go DAO participation and management is realized through the use of the same chat bot interface in popular messaging applications.
Subscribe to the Wings newsletter at https://www.wings.ai and be the first receive news of the upcoming release of the Wings white paper.
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020