The Dubai Future Foundation has announced at the quarterly meeting of its Global Blockchain Council their new members as well as the adoption of seven new innovation-based pilot projects.
The council now consists of 46 members, including Dubai Trade, Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange, Emirates, Moe Levin and Dubai Department of Economic Development.
“The global Blockchain council comes under the strategic direction of UAE leadership in position UAE as a global centre for shaping the future within the strategic sectors. The council also represents one of the major initiatives of Dubai Future Agenda, approved by His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, last April,” said Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Gergawi, Cabinet Member, UAE Minister of Cabinet Affairs and Future and Vice-Chairman and Manging Director of the Dubai Future Foundation.
“It’s important to continuously source opportunities that the technology of the future provides to enhance the peoples quality of life and create economic impact worth billions of dollars,” he added.
“The right application of the Blockchain technology, which is expected to have a market value of $290 billion by 2019, will contribute massively in elevating the level of the smart services provided to citizens from cost, time and efficiency perspectives. The council, which is only four months old, helped positioning the UAE as a global player in developing and applying Blockchain technology,” added Al Gergawi.
“With the new companies coming on board, the stage is set for further expansion of the council’s business. The new members will give a boost to the efforts to promote Blockchain as a future technology and its effective use in the UAE,” said Saif Al Aleeli, CEO of the Dubai Future Foundation.
“Proactive projects are crucial to implement such a globally advanced technology. The council aims to contribute to economic growth through the adoption of effective technological solutions to deal with digital transactions,” added Al Aleeli.
“FlexiDesk”, the first pilot project adopted during the meeting, comes in cooperation between BitOasis and the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre to find practical applications for Blockchain technology. The project is aimed at facilitating the DMCC’s transactions in line with Dubai Plan 2021 by accelerating services and achieving high efficiency at lower costs.
“Trade Flow”, the second project by the DMCC, will provide digital financial transaction services using Blockchain technology. The project will also help significantly reduce costs, increase operations security, unify transactions procedures and provide super-fast services round the clock.
“Dubai Points”, the third pilot project, aims to incentivise tourism in Dubai by awarding points to tourists when they visit a tourist destination, encouraging them to return and utilise their points. The project also aims to strengthen the emirate’s image as a global tourist destination and enhance its tourism base to make it more integrated with environment and tourist attractions. It is a partnership between du, Jumeirah, Cream, Privity, DigitUs, International Culinary Centre for Culinary Arts Dubai, SquareCircle Tech, Travelex, Flyin and Pricewaterhousecoopers.
The Dubai International Financial Centre adopted “Digital Wills” to register wills using Blockchain links. This project will enable clients to transfer their properties to beneficiaries using a fast and secure process while complying with local regulations.
“Operation Kimberley” will modernise the verification process of diamond sources and their trade mechanisms. The Blockchain-based project will be capable of issuing global certificates related to the diamond industry by coordinating the activities of its 81 member countries.
‘Health Records’ is a pilot project by du aimed at unifying new digitised health records in hospitals and clinics by using Blockchain technology. The project will provide a modernised record system that is fast and efficient and capable of saving many lives.
The Council unveiled its seven new project during the Keynote Conference which was organised in Dubai to provide creative new ideas related to Blockchain technology and enable companies to utilise such technology to make digital transactions safer and faster.
The meeting discussed ways to develop legislation for Blockchain projects and provide applications to run such projects. It also stressed the importance of boosting efforts to design new projects by constantly updating the Council’s work.
- Zug, Switzerland, To Pilot Blockchain-Based Voting Pilot - June 30, 2018
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017