The Hyperledger Project, a collaborative cross-industry effort created to advance Blockchain technology, announced today that seven new members have joined to help create an open standard for distributed ledgers for a new generation of transactional applications.
The new members include Belink Technologies, BitSE, INVeSHARE, MonetaGo, Moscow Exchange, Norbloc and Onchain.
The Hyperledger Project is a collaborative effort created to advance Blockchain technology by identifying and addressing important features for a cross-industry open standard for distributed ledgers that can transform the way business transactions are conducted globally.
The Project is a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project and implements many open source best practices familiar to other leading projects.
“The enterprise application of Blockchain technology is set to change the way we conduct business and will have a profound impact across all sectors of business,” said Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director of Hyperledger Project. “To be able to welcome this many new members each month is not only a testament to what we are doing, but is paramount to our success in developing distributed ledger technology for the world.”
These new members represent continued and significant growth since last month and join a rapidly growing and diverse group across finance, banking, Internet of Things, supply chains, manufacturing and other technologies. New members this month include: Belink Technologies, BitSE, INVeSHARE, MonetaGo, Moscow Exchange, Norbloc and Onchain.
“Using an open source framework for distributed ledgers could reduce the technical threshold of application innovation and promote the establishment of uniform standards,” said Chen Hua, CEO of Belink. “Belink is especially pleased to become an active participant in the Hyperledger Project, as the need to adopt distributed ledger technology to help institutions carry out financial service innovation in China grows.”
“Blockchain technology is likely to take human beings to a new big era of an economy republic; Hyperledger is the foundation writing the constitution,” said DJ Qian, Co-Founder and CEO of BITSE. “With a R&D team of Blockchain coming from nine different countries, BitSE is more than happy to be part of it as one of the pioneers and willing to contribute thoughts, codes, and anything that matters to accelerate this evolution and reformation.”
“We are delighted to join this global collaboration to create an enterprise grade, open source distributed ledger framework to drive innovation,” said Davidi Gilo, CEO of INVeSHARE. “Blockchain technology has the potential to radically disrupt the operations and economics of the regulated shareholder communications industry. We look forward to contributing our expertise to the Hyperledger Project.”
“Blockchain technology is a game-changer for the world of finance and ultimately all industries; with secure distributed ledgers, real-time information will make markets safer, more efficient and reduce costs,” said Jesse Chenard, CEO at MonetaGo. “Open source projects like Hyperledger Project have the capacity to make long-lasting benefits and innovations across industries. It is a bold vision and we are proud to join forces to standardize Blockchain technology.”
“Moscow Exchange is excited to join the Hyperledger Project,” said Sergei Poliakoff, CIO of Moscow Exchange. “We believe in the future impact of distributed ledger technologies for the whole financial industry. Our team has been exploring possible applications of Blockchain in trading, clearing and settlement. We’re looking forward to working with this robust community to further Hyperledger’s vision and shared ledger technology.”
“Blockchain technology will open up new horizons in peer-to-peer interactions across industries and participants,” said Astyanax Kanakakis, CEO of Norbloc. “The Hyperledger project is uniquely positioned to foster the collaborative approach needed in order to create a successful ecosystem; we’re proud to be part of this effort and contribute our wealth of knowledge to Blockchain infrastructure and development.”
“As a leading open-source contributor in China’s Blockchain community, Onchain shares the same values as the Linux Foundation and the Hyperledger project intrinsically,” said Da Hongfei, Founder and CEO of Onchain. “We believe international collaboration plus local experience are key to the adoption of distributed ledger technology in China; we are also very excited to see other Chinese Blockchain startups join Hyperledger and look forward to adding our combined expertise to the project.”
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
- Thai Actor and Victim’s Bitcoin Buddy Implicated in Kidnapping and Ransom of Singaporean National in Thailand - January 14, 2020
- Securitize Runs First-Ever IRA Investment In Digital Securities - January 14, 2020
- NBA Star Spencer Dinwiddie “Tokenizing” His Contract With or Without NBA Green Light - January 13, 2020
- European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde Says ECB Bullish on Digital Currencies - January 13, 2020
- Canadian Crypto Company Voyager Digital Completes Acquisition of US Registered Broker-Dealer - January 13, 2020
- Cogito, Hong Kong-Based Entertainment Studio, Launches Decentralised Autonomous Virtual Horse Racing Game - January 9, 2020
- Blockchain Bandwagon Company Longfin CEO Settles with US SEC for $400,000 - January 7, 2020
- Winklevoss Brothers Invest in $5 million Seed Round for TaxBit - January 7, 2020
- Securrency Secures $17.65 million in Series A funding round Led by WisdomTree - January 7, 2020
- Measure Protocol Backed with £2m in New Funding for Blockchain-Powered Person-Based Data Marketplace - January 7, 2020
- The Next Wave of Crypto – Traction is Key – And Mobile Mining is Gaining Massive Adoption - January 2, 2020
- Google Reverses Metamask Ban from Playstore - January 1, 2020
- Bankex Launches Token Exchange Engine in Telegram - December 31, 2019