IBM has just announced a cloud service for organizations requiring a secure environment for Blockchain networks. Ideal for organizations in regulated industries, this environment allows clients to test and run Blockchain projects that handle private data.
“Blockchain will change the way we transfer high value goods, digital assets and financial instruments. To accelerate Blockchain adoption, clients must trust the infrastructure and the system that Blockchain is running on,” said Donna Dillenberger, IBM Fellow, Enterprise Solutions. “With IBM Blockchain, we are expanding access to the emerging technology — not only by making it easy to get up and running on the IBM Cloud, but also by using the most secure infrastructure.”
IBM’s secure Blockchain cloud environment, underpinned by IBM LinuxONE, the industry’s most secure Linux-only server, is ideal for organizations such as Everledger, a company that tracks and protects diamonds and other valuables via the Blockchain.
Everledger is building a digital business network using IBM Blockchain to power its global certification system to track valuable items through the supply chain, helping to protect suppliers, buyers and shippers against theft, counterfeiting and other forms of corruption. The Blockchain is used to demonstrate the origin of high-value goods such as diamonds, fine art and luxury goods.
“When you are in the business of provenance, secured records, access and transparency are everything. There is no compromise when it comes to security and one cannot underestimate the expertise required to enable this,” said Leanne Kemp, CEO and Founder of Everledger. “Having the opportunity to build, test, scale and refine Everledger on IBM Blockchain, underpinned by a security-rich infrastructure, is a game changer. It has accelerated our ability to move fast and deliver the most innovative solutions to our partners internationally and confidentially.”
As Blockchain grows in influence and organizations begin to evaluate cloud-based production environments for their first Blockchain projects, they are exploring ways to maximize the security and compliance of the technology for business-critical applications. The average total cost of a data breach for enterprises reached $4 million last year, and with security incidents up by 64 percent in 2015, the risks are higher than ever.2 Security is critical – not just within the Blockchain itself but with all the technology touching the ledger.
The business network on the IBM Blockchain cloud environment helps secure entry points and fight against insider threats. With advanced features that help protect data and ensure the integrity of the overall network, LinuxONE is designed to meet the stringent security requirements of the financial, health care and government sectors, helping to foster compliance.
Currently in limited beta, these new secure cloud services to run Blockchain in a production environment allow clients to quickly and easily access a secure, partitioned Blockchain network to deploy, test and run projects. Clients can sign up here. The latest version of IBM Blockchain is available today through Bluemix.
To learn more about IBM Blockchain visit www.ibm.com/Blockchain.
To learn more about IBM Cloud visit: http://www.ibm.com/cloud-computing/.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019