Blockchain company Coinigy, a provider of digital currency trading tools, said it has raised a seed round of $400,000 from one angel investor.
“Coinigy offers a one-stop trading platform for digital currency traders. Digital currencies circulate independent of a central bank and use encryption techniques to regulate the generation of units and verify the transfer of funds. The company has revenue and nearly 400 paying users,” said Derek Urben, head of business development.
Coinigy, which is based in Milwaukee, will use the funding to further develop its trading platform, Urben added.
“We’re building a strong brand and we hope investors will look at it and say ‘this is the one-stop shop you need.”
Coinigy provides currency traders, individuals, and companies with software tools, a unique database, and services that help them trade digital currency and other digital assets. It aggregates trading and historical data, news feeds and other information from about 50 exchanges around the world to help investors can do things like bet on the price of Bitcoin or trade gold in Ether, the currency at the heart of the Ethereum platform launched earlier this year.
Coinigy was founded in 2014 by Robert Borden, its chief executive officer, and William Kehl, its president. Both have computer science technology backgrounds. The company earlier this year won the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee’s 2016 La Macchia New Venture Business Plan Competiton and an $8,000 first prize in March.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019