Blockchain company Coinigy, a provider of digital currency trading tools, said it has raised a seed round of $400,000 from one angel investor.
“Coinigy offers a one-stop trading platform for digital currency traders. Digital currencies circulate independent of a central bank and use encryption techniques to regulate the generation of units and verify the transfer of funds. The company has revenue and nearly 400 paying users,” said Derek Urben, head of business development.
Coinigy, which is based in Milwaukee, will use the funding to further develop its trading platform, Urben added.
“We’re building a strong brand and we hope investors will look at it and say ‘this is the one-stop shop you need.”
Coinigy provides currency traders, individuals, and companies with software tools, a unique database, and services that help them trade digital currency and other digital assets. It aggregates trading and historical data, news feeds and other information from about 50 exchanges around the world to help investors can do things like bet on the price of Bitcoin or trade gold in Ether, the currency at the heart of the Ethereum platform launched earlier this year.
Coinigy was founded in 2014 by Robert Borden, its chief executive officer, and William Kehl, its president. Both have computer science technology backgrounds. The company earlier this year won the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee’s 2016 La Macchia New Venture Business Plan Competiton and an $8,000 first prize in March.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019