Chain, Inc., an enterprise software company that works with financial firms to design and build Blockchain networks, today announced its partnership with the Initiative for Cryptocurrency and Contracts (IC3). The collaboration underscores Chain’s commitment to building interoperable software that is scalable across the financial services industry.
IC3 is an initiative of Cornell University, Cornell Tech, UC Berkeley, University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign and the Technion. It was founded to advance the development of Blockchain technology by making its collective world-class expertise in cryptography, distributed systems, game theory, and programming languages available to industry partners, such as Chain.
Professor Emin Gün Sirer, co-Director of IC3 and Associate Professor of Computer Science at Cornell University, said,
“We are delighted to have Chain join IC3 as a Sponsor member. The Chain team shares our vision of ubiquitous Blockchain-based networks that are fast, scalable, confidential and secure. We look forward to collaborating with Chain to accelerate the deployment and adoption of reliable smart contract solutions.”
“We are very pleased to announce this partnership and look forward to closely collaborating with IC3’s eminent research team,” said Ryan Smith, CTO & co-founder, Chain. “Modern cryptographic protocols are the foundation of secure Blockchain networks. We believe that these techniques combined with robust software engineering will transform the infrastructure used for financial transactions.”
As part of this partnership, Chain will host the next IC3 Retreat for its industry partners in San Francisco February 2017. The IC3 Retreat is an invitation-only workshop where IC3 and its industry collaborators discuss current advancements in cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology and their vision for the field’s future, focusing on privacy, security, performance, and compliance.
Chain, Inc. (www.chain.com) is an enterprise software company that partners with leading financial firms to design and build Blockchain networks. Chain developed and maintains the Chain Open Standard, an open source Blockchain protocol for high-scale financial applications. Chain’s platform includes Chain Core, an enterprise-grade production node, and the Chain Sandbox prototyping environment.
Chain has raised $45M from leading venture capital firms and strategic investors. The company’s board of directors includes the former CEO of American Express as well as one of the founding executives of PayPal.
Chain is headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
IC3 (www.initc3.org) is an initiative of faculty members at Cornell University, Cornell Tech, UC Berkeley, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and the Technion. IC3 offers world-class expertise in computer science that spans cryptography, distributed systems, game theory, programming languages, and system security techniques. IC3’s innovations include new cryptocurrency and smart contract technologies that offer both the scientifically rigorous security properties required for robust Blockchains and the performance and reliability demanded by practitioners.
IC3 is based at the Jacobs Technion-Cornell Institute at Cornell Tech in New York City. For information about joining IC3, please seehttp://www.initc3.org/partners
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019