Chain, Inc., an enterprise software company that works with financial firms to design and build Blockchain networks, today announced its partnership with the Initiative for Cryptocurrency and Contracts (IC3). The collaboration underscores Chain’s commitment to building interoperable software that is scalable across the financial services industry.
IC3 is an initiative of Cornell University, Cornell Tech, UC Berkeley, University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign and the Technion. It was founded to advance the development of Blockchain technology by making its collective world-class expertise in cryptography, distributed systems, game theory, and programming languages available to industry partners, such as Chain.
Professor Emin Gün Sirer, co-Director of IC3 and Associate Professor of Computer Science at Cornell University, said,
“We are delighted to have Chain join IC3 as a Sponsor member. The Chain team shares our vision of ubiquitous Blockchain-based networks that are fast, scalable, confidential and secure. We look forward to collaborating with Chain to accelerate the deployment and adoption of reliable smart contract solutions.”
“We are very pleased to announce this partnership and look forward to closely collaborating with IC3’s eminent research team,” said Ryan Smith, CTO & co-founder, Chain. “Modern cryptographic protocols are the foundation of secure Blockchain networks. We believe that these techniques combined with robust software engineering will transform the infrastructure used for financial transactions.”
As part of this partnership, Chain will host the next IC3 Retreat for its industry partners in San Francisco February 2017. The IC3 Retreat is an invitation-only workshop where IC3 and its industry collaborators discuss current advancements in cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology and their vision for the field’s future, focusing on privacy, security, performance, and compliance.
Chain, Inc. (www.chain.com) is an enterprise software company that partners with leading financial firms to design and build Blockchain networks. Chain developed and maintains the Chain Open Standard, an open source Blockchain protocol for high-scale financial applications. Chain’s platform includes Chain Core, an enterprise-grade production node, and the Chain Sandbox prototyping environment.
Chain has raised $45M from leading venture capital firms and strategic investors. The company’s board of directors includes the former CEO of American Express as well as one of the founding executives of PayPal.
Chain is headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
IC3 (www.initc3.org) is an initiative of faculty members at Cornell University, Cornell Tech, UC Berkeley, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and the Technion. IC3 offers world-class expertise in computer science that spans cryptography, distributed systems, game theory, programming languages, and system security techniques. IC3’s innovations include new cryptocurrency and smart contract technologies that offer both the scientifically rigorous security properties required for robust Blockchains and the performance and reliability demanded by practitioners.
IC3 is based at the Jacobs Technion-Cornell Institute at Cornell Tech in New York City. For information about joining IC3, please seehttp://www.initc3.org/partners
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019