Chain, Inc., an enterprise software company that works with financial firms to design and build Blockchain networks, today announced its partnership with the Initiative for Cryptocurrency and Contracts (IC3). The collaboration underscores Chain’s commitment to building interoperable software that is scalable across the financial services industry.
IC3 is an initiative of Cornell University, Cornell Tech, UC Berkeley, University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign and the Technion. It was founded to advance the development of Blockchain technology by making its collective world-class expertise in cryptography, distributed systems, game theory, and programming languages available to industry partners, such as Chain.
Professor Emin Gün Sirer, co-Director of IC3 and Associate Professor of Computer Science at Cornell University, said,
“We are delighted to have Chain join IC3 as a Sponsor member. The Chain team shares our vision of ubiquitous Blockchain-based networks that are fast, scalable, confidential and secure. We look forward to collaborating with Chain to accelerate the deployment and adoption of reliable smart contract solutions.”
“We are very pleased to announce this partnership and look forward to closely collaborating with IC3’s eminent research team,” said Ryan Smith, CTO & co-founder, Chain. “Modern cryptographic protocols are the foundation of secure Blockchain networks. We believe that these techniques combined with robust software engineering will transform the infrastructure used for financial transactions.”
As part of this partnership, Chain will host the next IC3 Retreat for its industry partners in San Francisco February 2017. The IC3 Retreat is an invitation-only workshop where IC3 and its industry collaborators discuss current advancements in cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology and their vision for the field’s future, focusing on privacy, security, performance, and compliance.
Chain, Inc. (www.chain.com) is an enterprise software company that partners with leading financial firms to design and build Blockchain networks. Chain developed and maintains the Chain Open Standard, an open source Blockchain protocol for high-scale financial applications. Chain’s platform includes Chain Core, an enterprise-grade production node, and the Chain Sandbox prototyping environment.
Chain has raised $45M from leading venture capital firms and strategic investors. The company’s board of directors includes the former CEO of American Express as well as one of the founding executives of PayPal.
Chain is headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
IC3 (www.initc3.org) is an initiative of faculty members at Cornell University, Cornell Tech, UC Berkeley, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and the Technion. IC3 offers world-class expertise in computer science that spans cryptography, distributed systems, game theory, programming languages, and system security techniques. IC3’s innovations include new cryptocurrency and smart contract technologies that offer both the scientifically rigorous security properties required for robust Blockchains and the performance and reliability demanded by practitioners.
IC3 is based at the Jacobs Technion-Cornell Institute at Cornell Tech in New York City. For information about joining IC3, please seehttp://www.initc3.org/partners
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
- Thai Actor and Victim’s Bitcoin Buddy Implicated in Kidnapping and Ransom of Singaporean National in Thailand - January 14, 2020
- Securitize Runs First-Ever IRA Investment In Digital Securities - January 14, 2020
- NBA Star Spencer Dinwiddie “Tokenizing” His Contract With or Without NBA Green Light - January 13, 2020
- European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde Says ECB Bullish on Digital Currencies - January 13, 2020
- Canadian Crypto Company Voyager Digital Completes Acquisition of US Registered Broker-Dealer - January 13, 2020
- Cogito, Hong Kong-Based Entertainment Studio, Launches Decentralised Autonomous Virtual Horse Racing Game - January 9, 2020
- Blockchain Bandwagon Company Longfin CEO Settles with US SEC for $400,000 - January 7, 2020
- Winklevoss Brothers Invest in $5 million Seed Round for TaxBit - January 7, 2020
- Securrency Secures $17.65 million in Series A funding round Led by WisdomTree - January 7, 2020
- Measure Protocol Backed with £2m in New Funding for Blockchain-Powered Person-Based Data Marketplace - January 7, 2020