Tel-Aviv-based company Synereo’s decentralized, open-source social network will move into alpha this September, being the first fully decentralized network based on principles of the attention economy. Synereo’s alpha is built on top of the company’s unique distributed tech stack, which utilizes novel Blockchain technology to enable a peer-to-peer internet.
Synereo’s blockchain-based social network revolutionizes the concept of social media by placing control over content, personal information and monetization in the hands of users. Contrary to incumbent social media providers like Facebook and Twitter, Synereo’s social network cannot record or store personal information of any kind, and does not sell it to third parties, or target users with marketing messages. Instead, all network transactions and relations are encrypted on a distributed ledger and accessible to permitted parties only.
The Synereo network operates entirely without central servers or data centers. Instead, the network compensates users for contributions of storage and computation power when they support the distributed network with their personal devices. Additionally, the social network itself adheres to principles of the attention economy, which provides users with monetary rewards for creating and curating content that people like.
Synereo alpha will include the following features:
- Text posting with featured image
Test users will be able to post simple text posts and images
- Content labels (#hashtags)
Posts will be taggable and searchable via hashtags
- Decentralized search capability
Content, users and other items will be searchable on the network
- Content amplification
Users will be able to promote content by charging their posts with the test network’s native currency (test AMPs). Accordingly, users will be compensated with said AMPs when viewing amplified content.
The mechanics of Synereo’s underlying Blockchain 2.0 technology, as well as the basic dynamics of the social network, are presented here. Additional information regarding the alpha release can be viewed here.
Synereo is a Tel-Aviv based company which develops a decentralized tech stack, allowing web applications to exist without centralized servers.
Dor Konforty (CEO) is a graduate of the Israeli Air Force IT unit and has a master’s degree in neurobiology. His interest in neural networks inspired him to develop a decentralized attention economy.
Greg Meredith’s (CTO) work has provided many of the architectural foundations of the Internet of scale, focusing on massive volume, continuously and globally available service design, deployment, execution and management systems. He was a principal architect at Microsoft.
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019