Tel-Aviv-based company Synereo’s decentralized, open-source social network will move into alpha this September, being the first fully decentralized network based on principles of the attention economy. Synereo’s alpha is built on top of the company’s unique distributed tech stack, which utilizes novel Blockchain technology to enable a peer-to-peer internet.
Synereo’s blockchain-based social network revolutionizes the concept of social media by placing control over content, personal information and monetization in the hands of users. Contrary to incumbent social media providers like Facebook and Twitter, Synereo’s social network cannot record or store personal information of any kind, and does not sell it to third parties, or target users with marketing messages. Instead, all network transactions and relations are encrypted on a distributed ledger and accessible to permitted parties only.
The Synereo network operates entirely without central servers or data centers. Instead, the network compensates users for contributions of storage and computation power when they support the distributed network with their personal devices. Additionally, the social network itself adheres to principles of the attention economy, which provides users with monetary rewards for creating and curating content that people like.
Synereo alpha will include the following features:
- Text posting with featured image
Test users will be able to post simple text posts and images
- Content labels (#hashtags)
Posts will be taggable and searchable via hashtags
- Decentralized search capability
Content, users and other items will be searchable on the network
- Content amplification
Users will be able to promote content by charging their posts with the test network’s native currency (test AMPs). Accordingly, users will be compensated with said AMPs when viewing amplified content.
The mechanics of Synereo’s underlying Blockchain 2.0 technology, as well as the basic dynamics of the social network, are presented here. Additional information regarding the alpha release can be viewed here.
Synereo is a Tel-Aviv based company which develops a decentralized tech stack, allowing web applications to exist without centralized servers.
Dor Konforty (CEO) is a graduate of the Israeli Air Force IT unit and has a master’s degree in neurobiology. His interest in neural networks inspired him to develop a decentralized attention economy.
Greg Meredith’s (CTO) work has provided many of the architectural foundations of the Internet of scale, focusing on massive volume, continuously and globally available service design, deployment, execution and management systems. He was a principal architect at Microsoft.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019