Tel-Aviv-based company Synereo’s decentralized, open-source social network will move into alpha this September, being the first fully decentralized network based on principles of the attention economy. Synereo’s alpha is built on top of the company’s unique distributed tech stack, which utilizes novel Blockchain technology to enable a peer-to-peer internet.
Synereo’s blockchain-based social network revolutionizes the concept of social media by placing control over content, personal information and monetization in the hands of users. Contrary to incumbent social media providers like Facebook and Twitter, Synereo’s social network cannot record or store personal information of any kind, and does not sell it to third parties, or target users with marketing messages. Instead, all network transactions and relations are encrypted on a distributed ledger and accessible to permitted parties only.
The Synereo network operates entirely without central servers or data centers. Instead, the network compensates users for contributions of storage and computation power when they support the distributed network with their personal devices. Additionally, the social network itself adheres to principles of the attention economy, which provides users with monetary rewards for creating and curating content that people like.
Synereo alpha will include the following features:
- Text posting with featured image
Test users will be able to post simple text posts and images
- Content labels (#hashtags)
Posts will be taggable and searchable via hashtags
- Decentralized search capability
Content, users and other items will be searchable on the network
- Content amplification
Users will be able to promote content by charging their posts with the test network’s native currency (test AMPs). Accordingly, users will be compensated with said AMPs when viewing amplified content.
The mechanics of Synereo’s underlying Blockchain 2.0 technology, as well as the basic dynamics of the social network, are presented here. Additional information regarding the alpha release can be viewed here.
Synereo is a Tel-Aviv based company which develops a decentralized tech stack, allowing web applications to exist without centralized servers.
Dor Konforty (CEO) is a graduate of the Israeli Air Force IT unit and has a master’s degree in neurobiology. His interest in neural networks inspired him to develop a decentralized attention economy.
Greg Meredith’s (CTO) work has provided many of the architectural foundations of the Internet of scale, focusing on massive volume, continuously and globally available service design, deployment, execution and management systems. He was a principal architect at Microsoft.
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019