Plug and Play Fintech, an accelerator program designed for financial technology startups, has announced the names of 24 startups selected for its fourth batch. Plug and Play is a global innovation platform that connects startups to corporations, and invest in over 100 companies every year. With 22 locations across the world – success stories include PayPal, Dropbox, SoundHound, and Lending Club.
Six of the winners focus on Blockchain:
- Netki is a Los Angeles based financial technology startup. We provide a suite of standards based naming and identity solutions, which allow developers to build Blockchain-based applications that are easy to use, highly interoperable, and compliant with existing regulatory requirements.
- NUCO is building the framework for Blockchain-enabled enterprise infrastructure. Using the best tools, available or in development, along with proprietary intellectual property, NUCO aims to create the standard for how distributed networks are built. NUCO’s customizable modular Blockchain framework enables any organization, or network of organizations, to leverage a distributed system to achieve efficiency and unlock value.
- ShoCard is a digital identity card platform built on mobile devices and the public Blockchain data layer, using public/private key encryption and data hashing to safely store and exchange identity data.
- The Sun Exchange (SunEx) is a crowd-financing platform that enables micro investing into solar projects in developing nations, from anywhere in the world. We make distributed clean energy available to SMEs, schools, factories, community centers and other mid-size clients in places where access to affordable financing and reliable energy sources isn’t assured. SunEx uses digital currency, Blockchain smart contracts, IoT, digital currency payment systems, and other new technologies to enable clients to see their ethical returns accumulate in real time, safely and transparently.
- Tierion – Use the Blockchain as a global platform to verify any data, file, or business process. Developer tools & API to anchor data in the Blockchain.
- Starting with KYC on Blockchain, Tradle is building a global trust provisioning network using distributed ledger technology. Winner of KPMG’s 2016 Fintech Challenge and included in The FinTech50 list, Tradle’s mission is to provide a core fintech / regtech infrastructure for a single digital market in EU and globally.
“We always look forward to reviewing the newest list of applicants to the next Plug and Play Fintech batch – such impressive talent and innovation leveraging the latest technologies to address common industry challenge and create new products. This class is no exception. We have had the opportunity to spend time with several of the startups selected, are keen to learn from and mentor each, and are pleased to welcome one of our new alliance partners, Stellar, to this Plug and Play batch as well,” said Joe Guastella, Deloitte’s Global Financial Services Consulting Leader.
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020