A new Blockchain organisation has been formed in Shanghai, China has been established last week. The Shanghai Municipal Development and Reform Research Institute, Wanxiang Blockchain Lab, BitSE, Shanghai Institute of Science, the Lujiazui Finance Internet Association, the Jiading Industrial Zone Economic Development Co, and others teamed up to form the “Shanghai Blockchain Industry Development Research Alliance”.
According to a press release, Blockchain development currently faces a number of technical, legal, policy and other problems and that the newly formed alliance will seek to unite all forces around some key issues research. It will provide a platform for the Shanghai Municipal Government, relevant departments and the whole Blockchain industry to promote sharing of resources and knowledge thereby providing valuable and high quality research results.
Research Development and Reform deputy director of Shanghai Wei Lu pointed out that as a hot topic in financial technology, the Blockchain is now being carried out in all areas of economic, financial, social and others and has aroused widespread attention in society.
Allegedly sponsoring the new organization is the China Finance Information Center, an office complex that plays home to the state-run Xinhua News Agency and other financial services company. The group’s organizers said that the Information Center will play a significant role in both promoting the effort and creating a meeting ground for companies and startups that become involved.
Other members include the Shanghai Institute of Science, the Lujiazui Finance Internet Association and the Jiading Industrial Zone Economic Development Co, one of several economic zones within Shanghai.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019