“This is another piece of a puzzle we are assembling as we create the world’s first Blockchain-based securities trading platform,” said Joe Cammarata, electronic trading veteran and newly-appointed President of t0. “ETC is as eager as we are to be a part of the historic moment when the world’s first digital security is issued using distributed ledger technology.”
Under the agreement, ETC will provide custodian services to securities broker-dealer Keystone Capital Corporation, which has licensed t0’s Blockchain-based trading technology.
“We at ETC are excited to be a part of this new and ground-breaking endeavor. This venture with t0 is a natural partnering for ETC in that it falls in line with ETC’s core values and commitment to utilizing cutting-edge technology to continuously explore efficiencies in the securities markets,” said Harvey Cloyd, CEO of ETC’s parent, ETC Global Group. “ETC’s nimble clearing ecosystem and efficient transaction processing make it a perfect vehicle for serving as the first clearing firm to transact in these securities.”
Medici, Inc., parent of t0, is Overstock.com’s (NASDAQ:OSTK) majority-owned financial technology subsidiary, focusing on applying Blockchain technology to solving important financial transaction problems, particularly in the area of securities settlement. Overstock.com made financial history in June of 2015 as the first public company to issue a private security using Blockchain technology. In December of 2015, the SEC declared parent company Overstock.com’s S-3 filing effective, giving Overstock.com the ability to issue Blockchain shares in a public offering.
The securities described above will be offered by Overstock pursuant to a shelf registration statement on Form S-3, as amended, previously filed with and declared effective by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). A prospectus supplement related to the offering will be filed with the SEC. This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any securities, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.
t0 (pronounced tee-zero) is a majority owned subsidiary of Overstock.com, focusing on the development and commercialization of financial technology (FinTech) based on cryptographically-secured, decentralized ledgers – more commonly known as Blockchain technologies. Since its inception in October of 2014, t0.com has pioneered the effort to bring greater efficiency and transparency to capital markets through the integration of Blockchain technology. More information is available at t0.com.
Overstock.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:OSTK) is an online retailer based in Salt Lake City, Utah that sells a broad range of products at low prices, including furniture, rugs, bedding, electronics, clothing, and jewelry. Worldstock.com is dedicated to selling artisan-crafted products from around the world whereas Main Street Revolution supports small-scale entrepreneurs in the U.S. by providing them a national customer base. Overstock has additional community-focused initiatives such as a Farmers Market and pet adoptions. Forbes ranked Overstock in its list of the Top 100 Most Trustworthy Companies in 2014. Overstock sells internationally under the name O.co. Overstock (http://www.overstock.com andhttp://www.o.co) regularly posts information about the company and other related matters under Investor Relations on its website.
Electronic Transaction Clearing, Inc. (“ETC”), a Los Angeles-based registered US brokerage and clearing firm and subsidiary of ETC Global Group. ETC is a preeminent brokerage and clearing group, which offers sophisticated clearing, settlement and custodial services to securities industries participants, such as broker-dealers, ATS’s (alternative trading systems), routing firms, professional trading firms, black-box trading firms and hedge funds. Since its regulatory approval in July 2009, the Firm routinely has cleared a significant percentage of all US daily equities share volumes. ETC US is a member of FINRA, SIPC and all major US stock exchanges.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019