Thanks to its open innovation model, Spanish power company Endesa has recently launched a new Blockchain challenge through Endesa Energy Challenges, the company’s new collaborative platform that seeks, together with entrepreneurs, new energy efficient products and services.
The company will start collecting the applications to form part of this new initiative on 1 November.
“Some say that this technology may change everything and others that it could be the most important this century but what is true is that it is an unstoppable phenomenon in the Internet world. The potential for Blockchain is enormous and Endesa wants to be in the forefront. That is why the company is creating its first laboratory that focuses on this technology with the aim of obtaining new applications and user cases specific to the energy industry and which can be applied to the Spanish market,” writes Endesa.
It is open to any participants (companies, individuals, researchers, start-ups, universities, research bodies, etc.) anywhere in the world. Anyone who wants to be accompanied by Endesa and delve into this passionate world can enter the selection process, which will be carried out as follows:
- The applications to form part of this new initiative will be collected between 1 November and 31 January through Endesa Energy Challenges, the collaborative project that challenges the world’s most brilliant minds to create new solutions for more efficient energy, which was launched precisely one year ago at the South Summit. During that time, the company will shortlist the projects based on their potential value for Endesa because they define new products or services in the short and medium term and because they bring long-term emerging technologies of interest forward. And all of them will be based on the use of blockchain.
- Between 1 February and 31 March, the company will select the final projects and start working together with the candidates, who will start developing their proposals using Endesa’s support. Ad-hoc collaboration agreements are expected to be arranged to develop each one.
- On 1 April, the selected projects are expected to be announced and, from then on, the company will work together with the winners.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019