DECENT, a new Blockchain-fueled peer-to-peer content distribution platform, has received more than USD$3.5 million in investment since its Initial Coin Offering (ICO) went live on September 11. Powered by Distributed Ledger Technology technology, DECENT is designed to remove third party manipulation, protect user privacy and prevent content piracy. The revolutionary network benefits the storage, publishing, and distribution of digital files like movies, photos, music, blogs and articles. The Swiss-based startup has so far raised more than $3.5 million USD worth of its digital currency, called DCT, during an ICO that concludes on November 6.
They expect investment to accelerate more having recently integrated the ability to participate in the ICO using fiat currency direct – with a number of services including Cashila, Paybis or ANOON (Paypal) which provide the means of fast and precise currency exchange that can be used in participation with DECENT ICO.
Co-founder of DECENT Matej Boda said:
“We are thrilled that so many people around the world are seeing such value in our platform because the content distribution industry has been encumbered with catastrophic problems for years. In particular, maintaining and policing Digital Rights Management and Intellectual Property has become extremely difficult, even as access to content has become easier. Our technology makes it possible to track and secure each piece of content on the network from the moment it is created and uploaded, because it is timestamped and immutable. We can effectively eliminate piracy and at the same time, maintain user privacy through data encryption.”
DECENT, which plans to launch in the first half of 2017, will allow users and media creators to publish content on the platform for a small DCT fee while enjoying 100% of the revenue.
“Unlike Amazon, Shutterstock, and iTunes, who share almost a third or more of revenue on works hosted on their platforms, we aim to free media creators from middlemen and manipulation by sharing and selling content at almost zero cost, but with maximum reward,” said Boda.
DECENT also differs from Torrent streaming sites for two reasons: firstly, copyright infringement is nullified by the content owner’s willingness and permission to upload the work, and secondly, seeders are rewarded in DCT for providing computational power to distribute networked content.
“Our technology is based on Proof of Custody, a concept where the seeder, or data storage server, proves that he is in possession of a given data. Due to the nature of DECENT Blockchain technology, the proof must be verifiable by the miners, who don’t actually see the data due to encryption, but provide the server power and therefore contribute to the efficiency of the network,” added Boda.
Backers of the DECENT ICO will be issued with DCT tokens at its close. DCT distributed in the ICO will be 70% of the total DCT volume, with the other 30% dedicated to mining rewards. Public investors can use Bitcoin or fiat as payment options to join the DECENT ICO.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019