Identity management challenges have increased dramatically as rising attacks on centralized identity databases give hackers almost unfettered access to millions of user records. Multiple companies within the same industry duplicate expensive efforts to maintain identity information for operational purposes, audits, and regulatory compliance. These efforts cost banks, healthcare companies, and government organizations hundreds of millions of dollars a year in manual labor and redundant systems.
“Increasing security costs, the pervasive use of social security numbers as universal identifiers, and the fact that policy is often multiple steps behind criminals leads to an identity crisis that screams for a new way of protecting identity,” says Catheryne Nicholson, CEO of BlockCypher.
As a consequence, government agencies, financial institutions, healthcare providers, airlines, and travel companies are all investigating how Blockchain solutions can address identity management. Public Blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum provide the benefits of immutability and transparency in an open and trustless environment. Permissioned Blockchains address access control and the scalability to support thousands of transactions per second.
ShoCard uses BlockCypher, the leading Blockchain Web Services™ (BWS) company, to provide identity solutions on a combination of public and permissioned Blockchains that can be integrated with existing company systems. ShoCard provides end users an application to manage and control the visibility of their data using both types of Blockchains. BlockCypher allows companies to switch from one chain to another seamlessly by providing the same APIs across Blockchains.
“It allows enterprises who are not yet ready to adopt a public Blockchain to first deploy a permissioned Blockchain-based identity management solution and then decide whether to move to a public Blockchain,” says Armin Ebrahimi, CEO of Shocard. “The flexibility that BlockCypher gives in connecting multiple Blockchains is critical in providing the transparency, access, and scalability our customers need.”
BlockCypher Identity™ accelerates the development of Blockchain-based identity management applications. BlockCypher Identity™ includes:
- Address API – generates addresses for identity transactions
- Data Endpoint – stores encrypted information
- Identity Wallet API – groups multiple identity addresses together
- Transaction API – enables publishing transactions to store an identity into a Blockchain
- Metadata API – adds informative descriptions.
To hear more about use cases for identity management on the Blockchain, please join BlockCypher and Shocard for a webcast on November 1, 2016. Please register here.
BlockCypher is the leading Blockchain Web Services™ company. Their web services enable Blockchain applications to be built easily. BlockCypher takes care of the complexity of building and running Blockchain infrastructure so companies can focus on their business applications. BlockCypher is Blockchain agnostic and runs multiple Blockchains – open and private – on the same infrastructure.
For more information about BlockCypher, visit http://www.blockcypher.com
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019