Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) recently announced at GITEX Tech Week its launch of Blockchain technology for eVoting services – the first stock market globally to integrate Blockchain in it’s services.
The launch is considered the first of its kind for the MENA region financial markets as it employs the latest innovations in the 21st century – associated with the 4th industrial revolution.
ADX has been showcasing its utilization of Blockchain technology at the Abu Dhabi Government platform during GITEX Tech week which is taking place at the Dubai World Trade Centre, 16-20 October.
Blockchain is considered a decentralized and safe network through which deals linked to numerous documents, shares, financial products, digital notes, and commercial contracts can be executed. It is safe, fast, and efficient for all network partners as well as for those who participate in the workflow process.
“The Abu Dhabi Plan is what inspires us to accomplish our strategic goals. ADX is committed to creating a business environment that is both competitive and flexible. Accordingly, adopting Blockchain technology in our projects comes in alignment with the digital transformation of Abu Dhabi’s government services as we constantly strive to introduce new ways that ease the process of doing business in the Emirate.” said Rashed Al Blooshi, Chief Executive of ADX.
“We are proud to be the first stock market that employs Blockchain technology in the services provided to stakeholders. This step comes as we aspire towards becoming a fully digital Exchange, with our strategic objectives aligned with Abu Dhabi’s vision for building a knowledge-based sustainable economy that constantly evolves,“ he added.
ADX Blockchain eVoting Service will allow the concerned parties to directly connect and monitor voting in any Annual General Meeting (AGM). This digital service will save time, cost, and effort. It will also add to the vitality of the AGMs through high attendance and interaction with the decisions.
It is considered an effective way to interrelate via safe internet connections from anywhere in the world. ADX Blockchain eVoting Service will enable a company’s shareholder to access reports and statements relevant to the AGM, whether for candidates for the Board or quorum for voting – among other decisions and other information by means of their smart devices.
The Blockchain is one of the many new services offered by ADX in its Electronic Platform at GITEX2016. These services include: Initial Public Offering (IPO) Management System, Rights Issue Management System, AGM Management, and Cash Dividend Payments Management System. Moreover, ADX will exhibit “Sahmi” interactive Kiosk, ADX Mobile Application, ADX smart watch, with other services offered on the ADX newly designed website that comply with international best practices in serving investors and companies.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019