Tokyo-based securities brokerage Daiwa Securities Group will be working with Myanmar’s Yangon Stock Exchange (YSX) to establish a Blockchain-based stock exchange by integrating Daiwa’s equity trading into the Yangon exchange platform. Daiwa and YSX are currently testing the Blockchain platform and are in discussions with government officials to fully use the Blockchain concept for all YSX trading within a period of two years, after completing months of successful testing.
The Daiwa Institute of Research Holdings and other units of Daiwa tested the system from June to September 2016 using general-purpose servers that are available in Myanmar.
According to Nikkei:
Daiwa Institute of Research Holdings and other units of Daiwa tested the system from June to September using general-purpose servers that are available in Myanmar. On the assumption of using blockchain to connect the Yangon Stock Exchange and local brokerages, the test was conducted to gauge how the system would work in the country, which is often hit by power outages and phone lines going dead.
YSX will be the first reported stock exchange to publicly trade equity on a Blockchain-based exchange and will likely lead other stock exchanges to follow the growing Blockchain trend in the FinTech industry.
Daiwa is Japan’s second largest securities brokerage. Japan has recently been blazing a trail in Blockchain’s development. For instance, Japan’s House of Councillors approved a series of regulations over virtual currencies and amendment of Banking Law on May 25, 2016. More recently, forty-two local and regional banks in Japan have joined a new Blockchain consortium focused on cross-border payments. The consortium’s membership includes a wide range of both large and smaller institutions. The launch of the consortium comes days after SBI, a financial services company based in Japan, announced that it would establish its own digital currency exchange in Japan.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019