Fintech company Fluent, the financial operating network for global trade, has rebranded as Hijro and announced the Hijro Trade Asset Marketplace built on distributed ledger or Blockchain technology.
The Hijro team will continue to build on their successes over the past two years which included a $2.5MM seed round as they continue to attract banks, businesses, and non-bank lenders to the Hijro Trade Asset Marketplace.
The rebrand to Hijro represents a refocus for the company, emphasizing their goal to become the connected network or global “waterway” powering trade finance.
“The vast majority of the world’s prosperous cities are connected to waterways that have provided unrestricted access to goods, technology, and new ideas for thousands of years,” said Lamar Wilson, CEO. “I chose the name Hijro to be representative of the waterways that support global trade, connecting siloed, antiquated IT systems and financial services to reduce friction between banks, businesses, and non-bank lenders who join our network.”
At the core of the Hijro Network is the Trade Asset Marketplace, a robust multi-bank, multi-lender marketplace for trade assets. The first-of-its-kind Marketplace leverages distributed ledger technology to drive security, automation, and efficiency in origination, distribution, tracking, settlement, and reconciliation of trade assets, with a focus on open-account trade. The Hijro Trade Asset Marketplace provides access to a global network of businesses, banks, and liquidity providers who power working capital solutions built on the Hijro Network.
The Hijro rebrand also includes a new website at hijro.com allowing businesses, banks, lenders, and trade platforms to request access to working capital solutions, to become a funder on the Trade Asset Marketplace, and to join the Hijro network as a partner.
Hijro is the financial operating network for global trade powered by distributed ledger technology, Hijro was designed to streamline and automate settlement, reduce fraud risk, and break down costly data silos in the $4 trillion open-account trade market. The Hijro Network acts as a global “waterway” for trade, providing partners and network participants with a much smarter, more secure, and more efficient way to move value and assets around the world. For more information visit hijro.com.
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019