Fintech company Fluent, the financial operating network for global trade, has rebranded as Hijro and announced the Hijro Trade Asset Marketplace built on distributed ledger or Blockchain technology.
The Hijro team will continue to build on their successes over the past two years which included a $2.5MM seed round as they continue to attract banks, businesses, and non-bank lenders to the Hijro Trade Asset Marketplace.
The rebrand to Hijro represents a refocus for the company, emphasizing their goal to become the connected network or global “waterway” powering trade finance.
“The vast majority of the world’s prosperous cities are connected to waterways that have provided unrestricted access to goods, technology, and new ideas for thousands of years,” said Lamar Wilson, CEO. “I chose the name Hijro to be representative of the waterways that support global trade, connecting siloed, antiquated IT systems and financial services to reduce friction between banks, businesses, and non-bank lenders who join our network.”
At the core of the Hijro Network is the Trade Asset Marketplace, a robust multi-bank, multi-lender marketplace for trade assets. The first-of-its-kind Marketplace leverages distributed ledger technology to drive security, automation, and efficiency in origination, distribution, tracking, settlement, and reconciliation of trade assets, with a focus on open-account trade. The Hijro Trade Asset Marketplace provides access to a global network of businesses, banks, and liquidity providers who power working capital solutions built on the Hijro Network.
The Hijro rebrand also includes a new website at hijro.com allowing businesses, banks, lenders, and trade platforms to request access to working capital solutions, to become a funder on the Trade Asset Marketplace, and to join the Hijro network as a partner.
Hijro is the financial operating network for global trade powered by distributed ledger technology, Hijro was designed to streamline and automate settlement, reduce fraud risk, and break down costly data silos in the $4 trillion open-account trade market. The Hijro Network acts as a global “waterway” for trade, providing partners and network participants with a much smarter, more secure, and more efficient way to move value and assets around the world. For more information visit hijro.com.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020