Fintech company Fluent, the financial operating network for global trade, has rebranded as Hijro and announced the Hijro Trade Asset Marketplace built on distributed ledger or Blockchain technology.
The Hijro team will continue to build on their successes over the past two years which included a $2.5MM seed round as they continue to attract banks, businesses, and non-bank lenders to the Hijro Trade Asset Marketplace.
The rebrand to Hijro represents a refocus for the company, emphasizing their goal to become the connected network or global “waterway” powering trade finance.
“The vast majority of the world’s prosperous cities are connected to waterways that have provided unrestricted access to goods, technology, and new ideas for thousands of years,” said Lamar Wilson, CEO. “I chose the name Hijro to be representative of the waterways that support global trade, connecting siloed, antiquated IT systems and financial services to reduce friction between banks, businesses, and non-bank lenders who join our network.”
At the core of the Hijro Network is the Trade Asset Marketplace, a robust multi-bank, multi-lender marketplace for trade assets. The first-of-its-kind Marketplace leverages distributed ledger technology to drive security, automation, and efficiency in origination, distribution, tracking, settlement, and reconciliation of trade assets, with a focus on open-account trade. The Hijro Trade Asset Marketplace provides access to a global network of businesses, banks, and liquidity providers who power working capital solutions built on the Hijro Network.
The Hijro rebrand also includes a new website at hijro.com allowing businesses, banks, lenders, and trade platforms to request access to working capital solutions, to become a funder on the Trade Asset Marketplace, and to join the Hijro network as a partner.
Hijro is the financial operating network for global trade powered by distributed ledger technology, Hijro was designed to streamline and automate settlement, reduce fraud risk, and break down costly data silos in the $4 trillion open-account trade market. The Hijro Network acts as a global “waterway” for trade, providing partners and network participants with a much smarter, more secure, and more efficient way to move value and assets around the world. For more information visit hijro.com.
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019