BNY Mellon, a global leader in investment management and investment services, announced today that Christopher Mager has been named to lead the newly created Global Innovation Group in the company’s Treasury Services business to explore Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT). The innovation group was launched to secure BNY Mellon’s position as a leader in incorporating new ideas and technologies that bring the best possible service to BNY Mellon’s clients.
“It’s clear that the global payments industry is undergoing a dramatic change as new technologies are being introduced, global payments are rapidly increasing, and banks are under unprecedented pressure to improve the payments experience they deliver to their clients,” said Ian Stewart, executive vice president of BNY Mellon and chief executive officer of the Treasury Services business. “The Global Innovation Group was created to help us meet the challenges of this period of transformation.”
Mager, a managing director, is responsible for driving Treasury Services’ global innovation process which includes management of strategic innovation projects, identifying and screening promising business concepts, evaluating and implementing new technology, assessing financial technology firms (fintechs), and developing and guiding the group’s thought leadership around emerging payment technologies such as Blockchain and distributed ledgers.
The new group is part of the Treasury Services’ Global Product Management sector and will work closely with product management groups to bring new capabilities to clients. Mager reports to Anthony F. Brady, managing director and global head of product management.
“The global innovation team will play a key role in the launch of new technologies that will enhance the competitiveness of BNY Mellon’s Treasury Services group,” said Brady. “Innovation is vital to our ability to deliver market-leading solutions to clients so that we can continue to grow existing relationships and build new ones. Innovation also is critical to growing client satisfaction and the Treasury Services business.”
Mager had been head of market segments in the Treasury Services business, with responsibilities that included leading strategic development, product development, and sales and marketing strategy for several global markets including asset managers, broker-dealers, insurance, health care, and the emerging payment technology segment. He has held a number of other leadership positions in Global Product Management and sales during his more than 20 years in Treasury Services.
He received his bachelor’s degree from Cornell University and his MBA from the Katz Graduate School of Business at the University of Pittsburgh. He is a Certified Treasury Professional and a graduate of both the BNY Mellon Leadership Development Program and the Harvard Business School High Potentials Leadership Program.
With locations on six continents and an extensive global network of correspondent financial institutions, BNY Mellon’s Treasury Services group delivers high-quality performance in global payments, trade services and cash management. It helps clients optimize cash flow, manage liquidity and make payments more efficiently around the world in more than 100 countries. Processing payment transactions in over 120 currencies, the company is a top-five participant in both the CHIPS and overall funds transfer markets. The company is also a recognized leader in the delivery of private-label treasury services solutions for banks and other large institutional clients.
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. As of September 30, 2016, BNY Mellon had $30.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.72 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com.
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019