Blockchain HR startup ChronoBank’s Initial Coin Offering (ICO) which opened only hours ago (December 15, 2016) has got off to a flying start on its first day with the announcement of $1.5 million AUD (approx $1.1m USD) in Venture Capital (VC) funding from AXL Strategic Partners.
A highly unusual move – as many VC find the ICO movement to be the Wild West of investment due to lack of compliance, regulation, jurisdiction, structure etc. AXL Strategic Partners appear to have been analysing the ICO market for some time and felt Chronobank was worthy of their first foray into the rodeo.
Chronobank aims to disrupt the short-term recruitment industry and is backed by Australian labour-hire company Edway, received confirmation of the large investment just a few hours after the ICO launched at 00:00 UTC. A memo circulated from AXL Strategic Partners, a Sydney-based venture capital fund, states:
We wish to confirm an investment of AUD$1,500,000.00 in Labor X Australia Pty Ltd for subscription in the ICO of Chronobank.I.O.
AXL Strategic Partners provide investment advice and capital for quality early stage venture capital and private equity investment opportunities on behalf of our domestic and international client base.
The partners of AXL Strategic have assessed many Blockchain technology based investment opportunities and consider your project to be of global significance.
We wish you great success in your launch.
The USD and BTC equivalents of the VC investment have been included in ChronoBank’s ICO tally.
“We are very pleased to be able to announce this significant investment on day 1,” commented Sergei Sergienko, CEO of both ChronoBank and Edway Labour Hire.
“As important as the significant financial support this brings is the confidence in our project it signals – for our clients and for further ICO investors over the next two months.”
ChronoBank’s crowdfund will end at 23:59 on 14 February 2017.
Although ChronoBank’s TIME token – which will be distributed to all ICO participants including AXL – will be hosted on Ethereum’s Blockchain, the project will use many different platforms to mint and trade Labour Hour (LH) tokens.
These time-based cryptocurrency units will be the lifeblood of the ChronoBank ecosystem, and will be used to purchase labour from freelancers around the world. Reflecting the importance of its several Blockchain partners and advisers, ChronoBank is collecting funds in several different cryptocurrencies – BTC, LTC, ETH, ETC, NEM and WAVES, as well as fiat currencies by arrangement, as in the case of AXL.
Even without the $1.1 million injection of funds, the project reached its 500 BTC viability threshold within hours of its launch, as depositors sought to take advantage of the 30 per cent day 1 bonus. By the end of the first 24 hours, an equivalent of almost $1 million had been collected in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
“This puts us on a very secure footing going forwards,’ commented Sergienko. ‘We look forward to seeing further retail investment and potentially additional institutional interest in ChronoBank over the coming weeks.”
For more information or to participate in the ICO, visit www.ChronoBank.io.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomi Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019