UK-based ICAP, the global leader in dealer broker and provider of post trade risk services for financial institutions is reportedly set to begin using Blockchain technology to handle thousands of Forex trades.
Traiana will play a key role in the system’s move from reliance on traditional brokers to this new digital infrastructure. The ICAP subsidiary is currently responsible for reconciling transaction data prior to its transmission to clearing houses, financial firms, and regulators.
The London group, to be renamed NEX Group from January, will supply the code to customers in March so institutional investors can more transparently track and value deals in the spot market, which trades $1.7tn a day.
At the same time Euroclear, one of the world’s largest settlement houses, and its partner Paxos, a US financial technology group, have completed a 2-week Blockchain pilot for more than 600 test deals in the London bullion market.
The projects mark further significant steps in the advance on markets of Blockchain technology — an electronic ledger with records stored in “blocks” — which aims to automate the complex networks of trust and verification on which modern finance sits.
Initially, the ICAP/NEX will run parallel systems – maintaining the legacy system as they bring the Blockchain-based platform online but ultimately, the goal is to eventually rely on the new system completely.
ICAP made news earlier this year when it announced that it had used Blockchain technology to relay so-called “golden source” data to customers. That test involved nine receiving participants, and was deemed successful enough to prompt its use on a broader scale. ICAP representatives have suggested that its customers should receive the necessary codes by March, 2017.
The news follows reports that suggested that ICAP is building a Blockchain ‘Rosetta Stone’ to improve its post-trade process according to CoinDesk. ICAP has allegedly written an “elaborate smart contract”, adding that a beta version of the smart contract-enabled business process is expected to be ready in the first half of 2017, with a full release seen by the end of next year.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020