Edgeless.io launches it’s ICO this week with the goal to be the first provably fair casino featuring a 0% house edge. At the moment players have to trust that online casinos are giving them a fair game but it is too easy for them to rig games behind the scenes for profit. Players often have the odds stacked against them, as gambling blogger The Wizard of Odds has shown with over 50 online casinos blacklisted for unethical practices, trust in the industry is at a low.
Tomas Draksas, professional gambler and co-founder of Edgeless.io explained:
‘We want people to have a good time in Edgeless casino so it was important for us to address this problem of trust. We want to create a place where gamblers can be confident that game play is fair and transparent and of course that the odds are the best offered.”
Now Edgeless.io is tackling the problem with its Blockchain-based casino that will allow players to verify games at every stage of play. Edgeless are combining this with a unique 0% house edge in the hope of building trust back into the system.
Edgeless plans to launch with skill and luck games such as Black Jack and Lunar Poker. Typically these have been games of unequal chance with a house edge between 1% – 15%, depending on the casino. Edgeless.io takes a fresh look at this revenue model. Whilst its 0% edge greatly increase players chances of winning, it is always counterbalanced by player error that creates a natural edge of 0.83% from players imperfect strategy. This gives Edgeless the ability to generate revenue consistently.
Once the casino is up and running Edgeless.io plans to introduce a wider range of games such as sports betting and dice that will operate on varying revenue models to boost profits.
Edgeless.io was founded last year by a group of Blockchain and gambling experts based in Germany and Lithuania. The team has already released a proof of concept called Ethslots.win to trial the suitability of the Ethereum Blockchain and smart contract technology. Ethslots.io was released back in September and gained popularity in the community. Edgeless co-founder and lead Blockchain developer Ignas Mangevicius concluded that ’Blockchain and casinos are the perfect match…many benefits are brought to the industry — absolute transparency, anonymity, instant deposits/ withdraws and more’.
The team is now looking for funds to be able to fully develop and launch the casino. The ICO crowdfund goes live on Tuesday 28th February at 3pm GMT and participants will receive EDGE tokens (EDG).
UPDATE: See this Medium post for an update on Edgeless, including a new staking feature:
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019