Australian fintech companies were in the box seat to take advantage of Blockchain technology, following the release of an important standards roadmap, the peak body for Australia’s fintech industry said today.
On 2 March, Standards Australia released its Roadmap for Blockchain Standards Report, which outlines how the organisation will work to deliver measures to support the privacy, security and interoperability of Blockchain systems.
The report is part of a wider initiative led by Standards Australia to develop international Blockchain standards, with the support of the Australian Government.
Standards Australia is the secretariat for the International Organization for Standardization’s (ISO) technical committee which is developing new international standards on Blockchain.
FinTech Australia CEO Danielle Szetho said the release of the report was a welcome development which helped put Australia’s fintech industry in a strong global position to take advantage of this technology.
“Blockchain has almost unlimited potential to transform financial services, particularly in regard to international transactions,” Ms Szetho said.
“Australia’s rapidly-growing fintech industry is at the centre of the global game to take advantage of this new technology.
“FinTech Australia’s Blockchain members had strong input into the development of this roadmap and we intend to work closely with Standards Australia on an ongoing basis to ensure any new standards are fintech-friendly and also serve the greater good.
“Already our members are developing exciting Blockchain products, including to facilitate agricultural commodities, international payments and labour hire.
“For instance, FinTech Australia member AgriDigital in December 2016 successfully executed the world’s first-ever live settlement of a physical commodity on a Blockchain between a grower and a buyer.
“The release of this roadmap is expected to spark further innovation among the many Australian companies ready to take advantage of Blockchain technology.”
For a more detailed explanation of the Standards Australia announcement, FinTech Australia recommends the analysis by King & Wood Mallesons.
FinTech Australia is a national association for the Australian FinTech Startup community. Our vision is to make Australia the leading market for FinTech Innovation and Investment by working with both sides of Government, Industry and the Australian FinTech community to create a supportive environment and partner ecosystem in Australia and abroad.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019