Fermat, the decentralized, Blockchain and graphchain-enabled open source project developing the Internet of People, today announced a new release of its distributed governance system featuring an embedded voting system inspired by that of rapidly growing cryptocurrency Dash, but with special features including community-cancelable contracts.
Launched in April 2016, Fermat is building an infrastructure with an open social graph, direct access channel to people and direct device to device communication. Referred to as the Internet of People, an ambitious vision from Founder Luis Molina, this new technological paradigm removes all unnecessary intermediaries resulting in cheaper transactions.
“Fermat’s graphchain technology enables both a global mapping of everybody with verified proof of how they are related, and also people to people and company to people interactions without going through intermediaries. In order to achieve this as a decentralized open source project we need a sound distributed governance system, one which includes Contribution Contracts,” said Luis Molina, Founder of Fermat.
Fermat’s contribution contracts enable any individual or entity interested in offering their services, whether that is software development, marketing or business development support, to submit a proposal to the community of token holders.
Each token holder is then able to vote yes or no on each contractor submission, ultimately accepting or declining proposals. Unique to Fermat, contracts that payout over time can also be terminated by the network after being accepted, a feature that incentives proposal owners to effectively communicate and continuously prove value publicly. A mobile app is used by both contributors and community allows members to discuss contribution contracts in detail.
In order to record both the contribution contracts submitted and the votes cast by community members, a Blockchain is used as an immutable database. Projects supported by the community are funded by the Blockchain, which automatically allocates a portion of newly minted tokens to the contributors responsible for the execution of these projects.
“At the beginning, only token holders may vote. In the future, it is our aim that the system will evolve to include reputation of the participants and will consider their voting history and project outcomes,” added Molina.
Since its inception and due to its sophistication, Fermat has attracted recognised global experts to the project. Senior advisor Guillermo Villanueva is currently designing phase three of the governance system. Twenty five years ago Villanueva designed, implemented and sold his own core banking system throughout several countries in Latin America. Following this, he held a variety of roles at Microsoft before founding Grupo Sabra, a company specializing in software business solution development and implementation, where he currently serves as Managing Partner.
“Phase three of our governance system is about communities, identity and reputation. Once released, it will allow us to govern a large project such as Fermat, which is in turn a set of different inter-related communities, but it will also offer governance, identity and reputation as a service for decentralized applications,” said Villanueva.
Today, the Fermat project’s mining community boasts over 80 national and regional chapters worldwide, all of which have been established to mine IoP tokens in a highly-decentralized way. This includes chapters in every continent encompassing nearly all European countries and several US states.
For more information on Fermat and the Internet of People, visit: http://www.fermat.org
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018