With the advent and evolution of Ethereum, has come the rise of tokens and decentralized business models. Beyond freeing us from previous financial constraints, Ethereum is enabling entirely new methods of coordination, communication, and incentivization, by providing the world with the ability to create and distribute their own tokens.
Two major hurdles for this is issuing tokens in a secure manner can be difficult, even for developers, Bancor plans to not only change this, and enable even those completely new to blockchain technology to reap the benefits.
Bancor is a protocol for the standardized creation of Smart Tokens on the Ethereum blockchain. Smart tokens are standard ERC20 tokens which implement the Bancor protocol — providing the ability to instantly process buy and sell orders, which drive the price-discovery process. Due to this capability, smart tokens do not need to be traded in an exchange in order to become liquid.
The protocol provides an easy to use yet powerful toolset that anyone can use to quickly and safely deploy new monetary systems, issue value-backed assets, and create currency networks which were never before possible.
Creating Token-Based Communities
Tokens provide communities with the ability to coordinate around shared goals, to outwardly promote their common interests, and to collectively govern their paths forward. Amongst an array of possibilities, they can represent influence, voting rights, work contributed, and standing within a social circle.
Bancor seeks to enable the long-tail of user-generated tokens, giving niche communities and their currencies the ability to thrive regardless of their size. Trading on the network can be established to facilitate the autonomous exchange of any token to another token, free of a spread or counterparty risk. This gives the ability for any token to be continuously liquid and useful to members of a community as soon as they’re created.
Status is a free (libre) and open source mobile client targeting Android & iOS built, entirely on Ethereum technologies.
Thanks to the new protocols Ethereum has introduced, there’s a whole new ecosystem of applications being developed that are completely decentralised (also known as DApps), and Status aims to provide a user interface to access them. These decentralized applications remove the need for middlemen and centralised servers, providing a clear path forward towards an internet where users get to own their own data, and an economy built on permissionless, open protocols.
It is their belief that messengers are evolving into a new type of OS, and are becoming gateways to our economies and social lives. Status uses messaging as a platform, and by combining both a messenger and a browser we are building a gateway for everyday smartphone users to begin using DApps, and a simple way for DApp developers to reach new users.
Status runs go-ethereum directly from your mobile device, providing a mobile Ethereum node in your pocket.
Introducing Bancor on Status
Up until now, Bancor’s user experience has utilized a web interface, and seamlessly integrated with popular centralized chatbot platforms, including Facebook Messenger, Telegram, and Wechat to provide a frictionless login experience for their users. We are pleased to announce today that Bancor will be adding Status to its list of integrations in the coming months, and Bancor will be utilising the Status API.
By expanding support to Status, Bancor will enable its users to utilize a fully decentralized messaging platform for both user authentication, notifications and bot-assisted functions such as issuing a new token, creating new communities, and even ETFs (token baskets), all without the need for any technical knowledge of Ethereum.
Bancor will also be launching an Initial Coin Offering (ICO) also known as a Token Sale or Crowdsale will begin on May 30, 09:00 GMT.
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020