New startup bitjob.io is building a marketplace for students on the ethereum blockchain designed to help students connect with SME/SMB who offer small freelance online jobs to help them through school.
bitJob CEO and founder Dror Medalion said:
“Students face two main problems: they are short on cash and they graduate with occupational experience unrelated to their fields. bitJob offers a real solution—an open source, decentralized, and secured marketplace, to enable students to convert their free time into fast and stable incomes, while enriching their portfolios and online résumés.”
bitJob’s new platform is starting with a hybrid phase that gives the option for students and their customers to have transactions with both PayPal and STU tokens, with some incentives for earning a living with cryptocurrencies, having the added benefit of educating students worldwide to better understand the underlying technology.
The bitJob platform will operate via its native STU (Student) tokens, which will be available through an ICO opening September 12, 2017.
“bitJob’s decentralized peer-to-peer (P2P) marketplace will revolutionize the way students make a living and gain occupational experience while still studying, letting students specialize in jobs relevant to their chosen professions and make a decent living throughout their school career,” said Medalion.
The bitJob platform is specifically designed to attract students to the blockchain ecosystem, educating the next generation in decentralization. The marketplace will be a semi-decentralized platform, using both centralized payment methods (fiat money) and decentralized digital cryptocurrencies, as a first step towards mainstreaming blockchain technology.
Blockchain technology has the potential to disrupt and overcome all boundaries, but we all know that can only happen if consumers are educated in using it.
According to the British Times, employers find it difficult to hire quality temporary workers that fit the budget — and much of them fail in recruiting students. bitJob provides a solution for both these needs, bridging the gap between employers and students.
The bitJob marketplace is particularly targeting the segment of students that seek part-time jobs, offering any student with free time an opportunity to earn both experience and money.
“In addition to that, the value employers will get from bitJob is incredible, while students jobs niche today is almost un-addressed by any other marketplace out there. Employers find it quite impossible to locate students which are recommended and holds proper set of skills and reputation,” added Medalion.
Funds raised in the ICO opening September 12 will be used to support marketing, development and the launch of the platform. Presale begins August 2, 2017.
bitJob partners include the Government of the Netherlands, Blockchain Education Network, University of Florida Bitcoin Club, Cyprus International Institute of Management, Blockchain Association of Canada and the Israeli Students Association.
For more information visit bitJob at: https://bitJob.io
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018