New startup bitjob.io is building a marketplace for students on the ethereum blockchain designed to help students connect with SME/SMB who offer small freelance online jobs to help them through school.
bitJob CEO and founder Dror Medalion said:
“Students face two main problems: they are short on cash and they graduate with occupational experience unrelated to their fields. bitJob offers a real solution—an open source, decentralized, and secured marketplace, to enable students to convert their free time into fast and stable incomes, while enriching their portfolios and online résumés.”
bitJob’s new platform is starting with a hybrid phase that gives the option for students and their customers to have transactions with both PayPal and STU tokens, with some incentives for earning a living with cryptocurrencies, having the added benefit of educating students worldwide to better understand the underlying technology.
The bitJob platform will operate via its native STU (Student) tokens, which will be available through an ICO opening September 12, 2017.
“bitJob’s decentralized peer-to-peer (P2P) marketplace will revolutionize the way students make a living and gain occupational experience while still studying, letting students specialize in jobs relevant to their chosen professions and make a decent living throughout their school career,” said Medalion.
The bitJob platform is specifically designed to attract students to the blockchain ecosystem, educating the next generation in decentralization. The marketplace will be a semi-decentralized platform, using both centralized payment methods (fiat money) and decentralized digital cryptocurrencies, as a first step towards mainstreaming blockchain technology.
Blockchain technology has the potential to disrupt and overcome all boundaries, but we all know that can only happen if consumers are educated in using it.
According to the British Times, employers find it difficult to hire quality temporary workers that fit the budget — and much of them fail in recruiting students. bitJob provides a solution for both these needs, bridging the gap between employers and students.
The bitJob marketplace is particularly targeting the segment of students that seek part-time jobs, offering any student with free time an opportunity to earn both experience and money.
“In addition to that, the value employers will get from bitJob is incredible, while students jobs niche today is almost un-addressed by any other marketplace out there. Employers find it quite impossible to locate students which are recommended and holds proper set of skills and reputation,” added Medalion.
Funds raised in the ICO opening September 12 will be used to support marketing, development and the launch of the platform. Presale begins August 2, 2017.
bitJob partners include the Government of the Netherlands, Blockchain Education Network, University of Florida Bitcoin Club, Cyprus International Institute of Management, Blockchain Association of Canada and the Israeli Students Association.
For more information visit bitJob at: https://bitJob.io
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019