Dash, a leading payments-focused digital currency, has today unveiled its highly anticipated roadmap for Evolution, as well as ambitious plans for 2017 through to 2020 and beyond. The eight-page roadmap, now publicly available on Dash’s website, details a phased launch of its landmark product, a decentralized payments platform designed to be completely secure, merchant and consumer friendly, globally accessible, instant, available on any computer or device, and with fees far cheaper than competing payment methods. Dash Evolution, under design for nearly a year and a half and now two thirds of the way through development, is set for a full public launch in June 2018. The Evolution Alpha test release is scheduled for December for select business partners. A limited set of Evolution functions will be deployed to mainnet in February with the full release of Evolution scheduled for June.
CEO of Dash Core Ryan Taylor said:
“Dash Evolution will dramatically improve the experience of using a digital currency. Our aim with Evolution is to tear down the barriers to adoption for both merchants and consumers so that any person, no matter their age, nationality, education, or technical proficiency, can use digital currency everyday and for almost any purpose. Think of Evolution as online payments, a system similar to PayPal or Venmo, but completely decentralized, so that a user is always in control of his or her own money. Moreover, Evolution will be incredibly inexpensive, with no cross-border fees or restrictions. Disruptive innovation in the payments space is accelerating; with our approach, Dash could be the first to bring digital currency to a truly massive audience.”
Evolution will join Dash’s comprehensive list of upgrades that will allow the protocol to handle hundreds of millions of on-chain transactions a day, confirmed within a few seconds.
CTO of Dash Core Andy Freer said:
“We are already in talks with channel partners who have access to thousands of merchants; the days of losing 3% cuts against each sale are numbered. Through continuous development and testing phases, Dash will begin onboarding merchants, fiat converters, gateway services and users, listen closely to their feedback, and adjust the platform accordingly. Evolution is a massive endeavor with gigantic promises, but we will accomplish our goals through the help of an All-Star team of dozens of the world’s best programmers, researchers, project managers, technologists, and user experience experts. We’re working every day to ensure that Evolution will be a superior payments option embraced by millions.”
Dash plans to enable a high volume of transactions at physical points of sale, on devices, and through online transfers simultaneously through a Proof of Service masternode model and with the assistance of Dash-specific hardware chips capable of processing orders of magnitude faster than general-purpose computing platforms. The hardware project will be spearheaded by Dash’s new scientific and research branch, Dash Labs, led by CTO Andy Freer and Founder & Senior Advisor Evan Duffield.
“Dash Labs will be responsible for the research and development of custom, open-source hardware, including specialized chips for accelerated processing of blocks. We’ve seen how difficult it is for a Blockchain to scale, especially when adoption is growing so fast. Both Bitcoin and Ethereum are having serious slow-downs when they approach 300,000 transactions per day. Ours is a different philosophy, one that actually aligns most closely with the Bitcoin inventor’s vision that nodes would eventually grow into individual server farms, with users accessing from lite clients. The P2P network becomes the backend of the currency, with the frontend comprised of the end-users,” said Freer.
Dash will reduce mining imbalances seen in other Proof of Work networks and enable enhanced on-chain scaling because their system provides compensation for running the hardware needed to service the network. Masternodes will become more powerful over time, and the incentive model ensures that as Dash grows and the need for sophisticated hardware grows, providers are paid accordingly for their service.
Dash’s hardware ambitions are due to arrive in the year 2020, with plans to put masternode hardware on individual chips, allowing each masternode to scale to the point where they may occupy their own data center.
“We are delighted to announce our intentions to the world. The Dash community aims to reinvent money and how it works to create a world of financial opportunity and freedom on a massive scale. By providing the world’s first truly usable digital cash that can reach every person on earth with a phone, we believe the possibilities to transform people’s lives is immense,” said Taylor.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomi Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019