The Decentralized News Network (DNN), a political news platform that delivers citizen journalism via a decentralized and incentivized blockchain-based network, has released its project roadmap.
The plan, according to Samit Singh, CEO and co-founder of DNN, lays out accomplished milestones, including the release of DNN’s open source alpha testnet in July, which was the first iteration of the platform. The roadmap extends until the fourth quarter of 2018, designated for the final build out of key communities — writers, readers, and reviewers — required for the news network to properly run.
Nevertheless, according to Singh, the team is currently looking to build out and cultivate DNN’s network of writers, readers, and reviewers.
“Our biggest milestone to date is of course the release of our alpha,” said Samit Singh, CEO and co-founder of DNN. “We managed to do this after months of research and concrete feedback from the crypto-community, as well as journalists.”
“For the most part, we have solidified how DNN will work for its users, but we’re seeking to more rigorously outline the economics of the system and the viability of the token on the platform,” he added.
DNN is currently revising its white paper and improving on the initial alpha version. The next milestone on the roadmap will be an update to the alpha release that will provide a simulated DNN platform for mainstream users who are not familiar with blockchain technology.
The simulated experience, which will be available via the DNN website, will allow the broader community, specifically the journalism community, to test the platform and provide valuable feedback without having to purchase and provide tokens.
“To truly build a great product, you need to be certain that you’re building something that people actually want,” Singh explained.
“There isn’t as much trust in conducting a crowdsale without a minimal viable product, since nobody can actually see what they’re backing. Perhaps it would’ve been just as easy for us to attract buzz over the concept without any alpha, but that isn’t the way to show commitment. By doing things this way, we’re demonstrating our intent to fully follow through with this exciting project.”
While development continues, DNN has slated their crowdsale for a fourth quarter launch in 2017.
DNN is a news project powered by digital currency incentives for individuals to create, review, publish and consume fact-based information. Cryptographically secured by blockchain technology, the network relies on a community of inspired writers and editors to produce fact-based political content. For more information visit, dnn.media.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019