Civic, a Blockchain identity verification technology, today announced the official roll out of its strategic partnership with wikiHow, the world’s leading how-to website. The partnership will help deliver a more streamlined, secure experience for wikiHow users through Civic’s Secure Identity Platform. As a result, over 150 million monthly wikiHow users will now be able to login securely without using a username and password.
“We are pleased to officially welcome wikiHow to Civic’s Partner Network. This collaboration illustrates our continuing, strong momentum in building our ecosystem for on-demand, secure, and low-cost access to identity verification services,” said Civic CEO, Vinny Lingham.
Jack Herrick, CEO of wikiHow, shares his support for the new partnership, saying:
“wikiHow is partnering with Civic because we believe in their long term goal of decentralizing identity. We hope to live in a future where people, not corporations, control their own personal information. While Civic is still building towards that decentralized vision and has a way to go, as of today Civic ID already offers better security than passwords. So we’re happy to offer Civic login to provide a better user experience for the 150 million people a month who visit wikiHow. ”
New wikiHow account creation is simplified by providing verified identity data with the Civic mobile app. Through Civic’s Secure Identity Platform wikiHow now provides greater assurance in the privacy of data transactions and greater trust in user identity. Civic helps ensure wikiHow accounts are created by the true owner of the identity data, and provides a better user experience, without weak passwords, password reset vulnerabilities, and the hassle of legacy two-factor authentication.
To create a verified ID with Civic, wikiHow users must download the Civic mobile app and complete an Identity Validation Process. The simple, quick process verifies credentials to ensure ownership of the identity and establishes the required level of trust. The data is fully encrypted in the Civic app on users’ devices, not stored by Civic or wikiHow.
After validation, the user is considered a Civic Member with authenticated identity data and may share this data with other Civic partners. Civic-verified identities help businesses lower identity verification costs and reduce the likelihood and impact of data breaches.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019