Civic, a Blockchain identity verification technology, today announced the official roll out of its strategic partnership with wikiHow, the world’s leading how-to website. The partnership will help deliver a more streamlined, secure experience for wikiHow users through Civic’s Secure Identity Platform. As a result, over 150 million monthly wikiHow users will now be able to login securely without using a username and password.
“We are pleased to officially welcome wikiHow to Civic’s Partner Network. This collaboration illustrates our continuing, strong momentum in building our ecosystem for on-demand, secure, and low-cost access to identity verification services,” said Civic CEO, Vinny Lingham.
Jack Herrick, CEO of wikiHow, shares his support for the new partnership, saying:
“wikiHow is partnering with Civic because we believe in their long term goal of decentralizing identity. We hope to live in a future where people, not corporations, control their own personal information. While Civic is still building towards that decentralized vision and has a way to go, as of today Civic ID already offers better security than passwords. So we’re happy to offer Civic login to provide a better user experience for the 150 million people a month who visit wikiHow. ”
New wikiHow account creation is simplified by providing verified identity data with the Civic mobile app. Through Civic’s Secure Identity Platform wikiHow now provides greater assurance in the privacy of data transactions and greater trust in user identity. Civic helps ensure wikiHow accounts are created by the true owner of the identity data, and provides a better user experience, without weak passwords, password reset vulnerabilities, and the hassle of legacy two-factor authentication.
To create a verified ID with Civic, wikiHow users must download the Civic mobile app and complete an Identity Validation Process. The simple, quick process verifies credentials to ensure ownership of the identity and establishes the required level of trust. The data is fully encrypted in the Civic app on users’ devices, not stored by Civic or wikiHow.
After validation, the user is considered a Civic Member with authenticated identity data and may share this data with other Civic partners. Civic-verified identities help businesses lower identity verification costs and reduce the likelihood and impact of data breaches.
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019