Following the release of RefToken’s prototype marketing platform and the significant amount of community interest in becoming a part of the project, the team is pleased to announce the structure and details of its presale and ICO.
“RefToken democratises marketing at a global scale with its pay-per-performance model, allowing businesses of all sizes to collaborate with the marketers that can make their projects mainstream in a risk-free manner by eliminating the possibility of negative campaign returns,” stated CEO Jan Sammut.
RefToken allows Blockchain developers to connect and collaborate with marketers around the world to market their products on a pay-per-performance basis, in a transparent and trustless manner. RefToken eliminates the middle-men (such as marketing agencies and ad platforms) that centralise online marketing and eliminates the inefficiencies that arise from the current model that dominates online marketing. RefToken will be releasing a series of weekly blog posts that will illustrate in detail how it will disrupt the online marketing space.
Key information at a glance:
- Tokens Created: 50M (ERC20 compliant)
- Funding Target: €27.7M
- Fund security: Multi-Sig wallet with keys held by government licenced fiduciary agents
- Presale: starts 2nd October, ends 17th October no minimum contribution
- Presale price: 100% Bonus limited to 4300 ETH (200 RFR/ETH)
- ICO: starts 17th November, ends 17th December
- ICO price: 100 RFR/ETH on day 1 increasing to 50 RFR/ETH on day 30. More details here: https://reftoken.io/ico
Funding will be used to expand the development team, accelerate its deployment and add additional modules that will increase the platforms competitive edge and versatility, these include:
- Super affiliate/MLM management functionality.
- An inbuilt RTB display ad platform (similar to Google’s AdSense) that will allow users to buy ad space on each other’s sites without a middleman taking the lion’s share of the revenue.
- Leader boards & competition module for merchants to incentivise affiliates to promote their brand.
- Commission splitting to allow affiliates to collaborate (e.g. Affiliate A creates great content, yet is not too adept at generating traffic, whilst Affiliates B is a great SEO & C has a significant social following. Affiliate A will be able to approach B & C to offer them a percentage of the commissions raised if they distribute his. This will be done trustlessly via a smart contract on the platform.
- A market where freelancers will be able to pick up copywriting, translation, design and video creation gigs in exchange for a share of commissions generated by that content.
RefToken resolves the ‘chicken and the egg’ problem that faces all start-ups, investors want to invest in companies with rapid user growth, yet user acquisition is extremely expensive (with costs increasing exponentially). As Blockchain dApps start to be released in their thousands an inevitable drive for mainstream user acquisition will ensue (building unicorns takes many millions of users). RefToken will connect developers with the marketers who will promote their app in a risk-free deal as affiliates will only be paid on successful user conversion (e.g. a sale, sign up or deposit).
At a lower level RefToken leverages the Ethereum platform to solve issues with the incumbent affiliate platforms. These include: affiliate fraud, merchants withholding or delaying commission payments and restrictive conversion requirements.
RefToken’s community believes that RefToken will succeed as while the current model that dominates online marketing is broken, backers and investors in projects will always push developers to grow their user base and generate higher revenues. This is often a harsh wakeup call for technology oriented teams who have little experience in marketing and will need to rely on third parties to execute this function, suffering from market inefficiencies that cost them 50% user growth every 3.8 years.
The core team has decades of experience in online gambling (on both affiliate and casino sides of the fence), RefToken was conceived bottom up as a solution to real world problems that have plagued the industry for the last 15 years, and will prove to be a classic example of Blockchain tech providing an elegant solution to an old problem.
RFR tokens have a real-world utility and are used to pay affiliates and fund campaigns. It is not possible to use the platform without buying RFRs, ensuring that they have a real-world functional value.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019