A proportion of the new tokens will be transferred through Starta Accelerator to Cross Coin, the company through which $5 million was crowdfunded for investment in Starta Accelerator’s portfolio.
Holders of Starta tokens (STA) released by Cross Coin will, for the first time, benefit indirectly from the distribution of the portfolio companies’ tokens. Cross Coin will repurchase STA tokens from the open market using proceeds from the sale of its share of CND tokens.
In accordance with Cindicator’s terms of placement, 18% of CND tokens released will be distributed to the company’s shareholders. Around 5% of these, or approximately 0.9% of the total number of new tokens, will be distributed to Starta Accelerator, one of the shareholders. In turn, Starta Accelerator will send a third of the received tokens to Cross Coin Pte, a Singapore-based company, in proportion to its share in the SPV ‘Starta Accelerator 16/17’.
Cross Coin intends to sell the CND tokens received from Starta Accelerator to a strategic investor – taking into consideration the conditions of the one year vesting imposed on these tokens – and to use the entirety of the proceeds to buy Starta (STA) tokens.
“This is a new mechanism developed by us specifically for participants of venture-based token sales and providing an opportunity to participate in the portfolio’s startup businesses. Participants of Cross Coin’s token sale will be able not only to expect profits from startups’ exits, but also to participate in intermediate buybacks by passing through all stages of growth for each of the 21 startups in the investment pool and new startups, which will enter the accelerator portfolio in the future,” commented Alexey Girin, co-founder of Starta Accelerator and the Starta Capital VC Fund.
STA tokens will be bought back from the market in WAVES and BTC. Starta tokens will be repurchased at a market price, within one month from the date of funds from the sale of Cindicator tokens being credited to the Cross Coin wallet designated for the buyback procedure. The technical possibility of transferring CND tokens from Cross Coin to the buyer’s (strategic investor’s) wallet will be possible only after vesting, with a period of one year applied on these tokens.
At the same time, Starta Accelerator will maintain a share in Vote Inc, a shareholder of Cindicator, and expects to continue receiving profits as far as Cindicator develops. CND tokens are infrastructure tokens for the Cindicator technological ecosystem. The distribution of tokens should be considered as a ‘bonus’, rather than an exit from the Cindicator project.
The process of buying STA tokens back is carried out on the initiative of Starta Accelerator. Cindicator does not have any obligations to owners of STA tokens or to Cross Coin Pte. CND tokens are not a type of security, and they are prohibited for sale or transfer to citizens or residents of the USA, Singapore and a number of other countries.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020