KyberNetwork, a highly anticipated decentralized cryptocurrency exchange, has announced the official conclusion of their one and only public token sale after raising 200,000 ETH from over 21,000 unique addresses.
Participants have already been distributed their allotment of KyberNetwork Crystals (KNC) in anticipation of public trading, which is expected to begin next Friday.
“Thank you to our supporters and everyone involved with KyberNetwork,” said Loi Luu, co-founder and CEO of KyberNetwork. “We have had an incredible outpouring of support and enthusiasm and we are truly humbled. I also want to thank the incredible team at KyberNetwork for their genius in helping us pull off this monumental achievement.”
In an announcement, the company said that over 23,000 transactions were facilitated on their token sale smart contracts and that KNC tokens were transferred to contributors immediately and with relative ease and minimal waiting time.
The company also said that because their communication process was distributed across multiple channels, including Slack, Telegram, Twitter and WeChat, allowing information and alerts to be disseminated properly and quickly to prevent scammers or trolls. A total of 4 phishing sites and 4 fake twitter accounts were found and thwarted during the ICO and the company successfully detected and prevented a hack attempt on their blog.
KyberNetwork has warned everyone to be aware and vigilant of phishing sites and fake accounts moving forward, even though their ICO has concluded.
Public trading of KNC will begin next week and additional details will be announced soon on the company blog.
“This marks the end of one phase and the beginning of another. Moving forward, we will channel our energy and resources to product and business development,” said Loi Luu. “We promise that we will continue our effort in creating a world-class and highly usable platform that everyone has access to.”
Coming from the creators of Oyente and Smartpool, KyberNetwork promises to be a new trustless, decentralized platform that will allow for instant trading and conversions between any crypto-assets. KyberNetwork uses an innovative approach that incentives reserve managers to guarantee liquidity and enables trustless and instant convertibility of any tokens. It will also allow for complex financial instruments like derivative options and forward contracts.
KyberNetwork has already released their minimum viable product on testnet and plans their mainnet launch in Q1 of 2018. They plan to engage several blockchain entities to jointly set up reserves in anticipation of trading demand, as well as to extend the influence and vision of KyberNetwork throughout the blockchain ecosystem.
To learn more about KyberNetwork visit: https://kyber.network
- The KyberNetwork Whitepaper: https://kyber.network/assets/KyberNetworkWhitepaper.pdf
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kybernetwork
- Slack: https://slack.kyber.network/
- Github: https://github.com/kyberNetwork/
- Medium: https://blog.kyber.network/
- Katallassos Launches a Standard Framework for Decentralised Derivatives - January 11, 2019
- Dutch Crypto Trading Marketplace Cryptohopper at CES 2019 - January 8, 2019
- Interview with Ammbr – A Blockchain-Enabled Mesh Network Bringing High Speed Internet to Emerging Economies - January 8, 2019
- Zion Market Research Report Explains: Global Blockchain In Energy Market likely to grow to USD 11,899 Million By 2024 - December 27, 2018
- Blythe Masters Resigns as CEO of Digital Asset - December 18, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures Uses Ravencoin Blockchain for Equity Purchase in Chainstone Labs – Completes $3.6 Million Securities Token Transfer - December 18, 2018
- Despite Market Downturn – eToro Survey Reveals Strong Interest in Cryptoasset Education - December 18, 2018
- BlockIMMO brings Blockchain Technology Platform to Tokenize Fractional Real Estate Investment - December 17, 2018
- Algorand Appoints Dual Ph.D. Rock Star Pablo Azar as Chief Economist - December 17, 2018
- Dascoin – Anatomy of Multilevel Marketing Crypto Scam – Coinmarketcap Zero - December 17, 2018
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018
- XYO Network to Launch of Blockchain Satellite on SpaceX Falcon 9 - December 11, 2018
- Algo Capital to Invest In Promising Companies Built on Algorand Platform – Announces $100 Million Blockchain Fund - December 11, 2018
- Stackr Taps into AI For Investment Solutions to Power a New Savings Solution - December 11, 2018
- Walt Disney Company Cuts Deal with Blockchain-fueled PlayGame.com to Bring Games to Southeast Asian Fans - December 11, 2018
- Huobi Releases New Derivative Market On Huobi Global - December 11, 2018
- Ledger Expands to New York City - November 26, 2018
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018