KyberNetwork, a highly anticipated decentralized cryptocurrency exchange, has announced the official conclusion of their one and only public token sale after raising 200,000 ETH from over 21,000 unique addresses.
Participants have already been distributed their allotment of KyberNetwork Crystals (KNC) in anticipation of public trading, which is expected to begin next Friday.
“Thank you to our supporters and everyone involved with KyberNetwork,” said Loi Luu, co-founder and CEO of KyberNetwork. “We have had an incredible outpouring of support and enthusiasm and we are truly humbled. I also want to thank the incredible team at KyberNetwork for their genius in helping us pull off this monumental achievement.”
In an announcement, the company said that over 23,000 transactions were facilitated on their token sale smart contracts and that KNC tokens were transferred to contributors immediately and with relative ease and minimal waiting time.
The company also said that because their communication process was distributed across multiple channels, including Slack, Telegram, Twitter and WeChat, allowing information and alerts to be disseminated properly and quickly to prevent scammers or trolls. A total of 4 phishing sites and 4 fake twitter accounts were found and thwarted during the ICO and the company successfully detected and prevented a hack attempt on their blog.
KyberNetwork has warned everyone to be aware and vigilant of phishing sites and fake accounts moving forward, even though their ICO has concluded.
Public trading of KNC will begin next week and additional details will be announced soon on the company blog.
“This marks the end of one phase and the beginning of another. Moving forward, we will channel our energy and resources to product and business development,” said Loi Luu. “We promise that we will continue our effort in creating a world-class and highly usable platform that everyone has access to.”
Coming from the creators of Oyente and Smartpool, KyberNetwork promises to be a new trustless, decentralized platform that will allow for instant trading and conversions between any crypto-assets. KyberNetwork uses an innovative approach that incentives reserve managers to guarantee liquidity and enables trustless and instant convertibility of any tokens. It will also allow for complex financial instruments like derivative options and forward contracts.
KyberNetwork has already released their minimum viable product on testnet and plans their mainnet launch in Q1 of 2018. They plan to engage several blockchain entities to jointly set up reserves in anticipation of trading demand, as well as to extend the influence and vision of KyberNetwork throughout the blockchain ecosystem.
To learn more about KyberNetwork visit: https://kyber.network
- The KyberNetwork Whitepaper: https://kyber.network/assets/KyberNetworkWhitepaper.pdf
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kybernetwork
- Slack: https://slack.kyber.network/
- Github: https://github.com/kyberNetwork/
- Medium: https://blog.kyber.network/
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019