The Chamber of Digital Commerce is pleased to announce the Token Alliance, an industry-led initiative to educate, promote and help shape the responsible growth of token and digital asset issuances. The Token Alliance is co-chaired by former Chairman of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Dr. Jim Newsome, and former U.S. Securities and Exchange Commissioner, Paul Atkins.
Token sales or Initial Coin Offerings (“ICOs”) can be a powerful tool for startups and businesses seeking funding through a crowdsale. In 2017 alone, more than 100 token sales raised over $1.5 billion. However, regulatory uncertainty and compliance continues to be a challenge for the industry. The Token Alliance will work with the community to recommend legal frameworks that drive innovation and promote investment, balanced with protections for market participants.
“With the SEC’s recent findings regarding ICOs, combined with the CFTC’s determinations and enforcement, it is clear that proactive industry efforts are imperative and timely,” said Jim Newsome, Founding Partner of Delta Strategy Group and former Chairman of the CFTC. “I look forward to helping shape the dialogue and enable this innovative technology to progress for the benefit of industry and consumers.”
Paul Atkins, CEO of Patomak Global Partners and former SEC Commissioner said:
“The Token Alliance will serve a much needed role in helping the industry establish for itself appropriate guidance for this new and exciting asset class. I’m thrilled to be a part of this initiative and bring my service as a former securities regulator to help foster this ecosystem.”
The initial participants of the Token Alliance is comprised of more than 70 organizations including: Alluminate, AlphaPoint, Bankcoin Global, Blake Cassels & Graydon, Bloq, CMT Digital, Cognizant, Cooley, Crowell & Moring, Elliptic, Gem, Hashed Health, Loyyal, Microsoft, Netki, Node40, Parsons & Whittemore, Perkins Coie, Polsinelli, Qtum, Reed Smith, Rimon Law, Rivetz, Steptoe & Johnson, t0 and Tally Capital.
“As with all new technologies, it is important to set appropriate guidelines to curb potential abuse, while protecting innovation,” said Perianne Boring, Founder and President, Chamber of Digital Commerce. “We look forward to working with our members to continue to promote and advocate for the power of the Blockchain.”
The Token Alliance is open to participants from across technology, legal, advisory and other sectors, with an expertise in Blockchain technology. Companies interested in learning more and participating are encouraged to contact the Chamber of Digital Commerce at: [email protected].
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the Chamber of Digital Commerce is the world’s largest trade association representing the digital asset and Blockchain industry. For more information, please visit: DigitalChamber.org.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019