Propy, the global property store and decentralized title registry, has raised $15 million from 6,597 participants in its PRO token sale to put the international real estate market on the blockchain. Participants have contributed over 35125.243049431511114235 ETH and 1181.79122753 BTC into the sale.
Propy had a headstart on their token sale with two separate pre-sale investments of $1 million. Scott D. Hughes, who immediately saw the promise of the platform, said, “Real estate is a huge untapped market in smart contracts, and Propy’s technology is poised to disrupt the sector.”
“The Propy ICO is one of the most exciting opportunities I have seen in awhile,” said Debby Chiu “With the world more connected than ever, investors and would-be homeowners alike are looking for a better and easier way to buy and sell real estate internationally. Propy is well-situated to be that solution.”
A further boost to early funding came in the first hour of the crowd sale with a $300,000 investment from the investment company RenGen. “I’m incredibly excited to be a part of this innovative real estate project,” said the founder of RenGeN.
Crunch Fund also got in on the action with a pre-sale contribution totaling $100,000. Crunch Fund stated:
“Propy has an incredible team backing it and has already landed key contracts, proving the value of the platform.”
Propy has partnered Chinese powerhouse Leju Holdings Limited to facilitate online real estate purchases by foreign investors. Propy also partnered with the government of Ukraine to allow online real estate purchases by foreign investors for the first time.
A first real estate transaction is underway, with prominent buyer TechCrunch founder Michael Arrington. As of January 1, 2018, new legislation will also allow foreign investors to purchase land in Ukraine, opening up the nation’s rich agricultural resources to international buyers. Pilot programs will be led by Propy in coordination with Ukraine’s Agency for E-Governance throughout the next year.
Real estate’s illiquidity and centralization present significant inefficiencies for real estate investors, especially those purchasing properties abroad. There are currently no international standards or comprehensive technologies for electronic property rights transfers.
Legacy registry systems were created to handle local homebuyers, but are ill-equipped to manage international ownership transfer. To solve these problems, the Propy Registry is powered by smart contracts to track and execute real-estate transactions according to regional regulations. By using the Ethereum smart contracts, Propy allows brokers, buyers, sellers, and title agents/notaries to sign off on transactions using private keys within their existing legal frameworks.
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020