Nuggets, a consumer Blockchain platform aiming to transform the world of online payment, privacy and security by enabling consumers to take back control of their data, has announced its plan to hold a token sale to raise capital for ongoing product development and the planned 2018 commercial launch of the Nuggets platform.
Nuggets combines the unrivalled security of Blockchain encryption with biometric verification to render passwords effectively obsolete and give users a secure ‘personal cloud’ of data in zero-knowledge storage. Not even Nuggets can access this data. Transactions are encrypted using an immutable ledger with inherent trust principles to validate trust in both consumers and businesses.
Users decide if and when they want to share ‘nuggets’ of their data. These nuggets also have value. The more you use the service, the more Nuggets Tokens you’ll accrue to pay for products and services. You’ll also gain Tokens if you choose to share data – finally putting a real value on your personal information. In this way, Nuggets enables “self-sovereign identity” on a mass scale, returning control of private data to consumers. It also frees businesses from the burden of storing and protecting millions of vulnerable customer records.
Nuggets founders Alastair Johnson and Seema Khinda Johnson are former global directors at Skype and Microsoft with significant digital innovation experience and deep knowledge across technical production, large-scale commercialization and product development. With a best-in-class Blockchain development team in place, Nuggets has been selected by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for Project Innovate, and is now testing in the regulatory sandbox. Nuggets is also a finalist in the BBVA Open Talent 2017 Global Trends competition.
“Nuggets will transform the way we buy, login and verify our identities online,” said founder and CEO Alastair Johnson. “It’s a revolutionary application of Blockchain technology and the key to a safer and simpler future – for consumers and businesses alike.
“Once you’re validated with Nuggets, you can make payments, login and verify your identity without having to give up control of your personal data – or bother with passwords. You can use the services you love, without having to hand over data to be stored in vast, vulnerable corporate silos. And if you need to update your details, you just do it once – in Nuggets.”
Data security is in a critical state. Both small scale and massive hacks and data breaches have compromised hundreds of millions of personal records in 2016 alone. Nuggets offers to solve this crisis using the revolutionary power of Blockchain technology.
Instead of having to enter personal and payment data to individual services, consumers will be able to select the Nuggets option and use their biometrics to complete a transaction in moments. Meanwhile, businesses will be spared the task of securing and managing millions of consumer records, hugely reducing the risk of regulatory issues and losses from fraud and false positives.
Seema Khinda Johnson, co-founder and COO of Nuggets, said:
“Imagine a world where you never have to remember another username or password, or answer lists of security questions. By combining biometrics with the Blockchain, the Nuggets platform enables services such as secure payments, login, and ID verification, with a host of other applications in the pipeline.”
The Nuggets token’s presale is scheduled for 24th October 2017 and the public token sale is expected to commence on 14th November 2017.
The offering is being managed by Argon Investment Management LLC, a unit of the Argon Group, a Los Angeles-based investment bank specializing in the field of cryptocurrencies and the ICO market.
More details about Nuggets and the token will be presented in the Nuggets white paper, which is expected to be released on or about 10th October at https://nuggets.tokenhub.com
Nuggets is a consumer Blockchain platform that will give users a single biometric tool for payment, login and identity verification, without sharing or storing private data. It was inspired by CEO Alastair Johnson’s experience of having his payment details used fraudulently – and the complicated, frustrating process that ensued. Nuggets solves this problem, using zero knowledge storage, encryption, privacy, security and trust, all combined with the decentralised immutable ledger.
For consumers, Nuggets is a single, secure sign-on for payment, login and ID verification, with no tracking or selling of your activity. Access is purely through biometrics to replace usernames and passwords. For businesses, Nuggets will mean the end of vast, vulnerable databases of customer data, minimising the risk of regulatory issues. The Nuggets platform is agnostic, and will be available across e-commerce platforms and payment gateways.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomi Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019