iCandy Interactive Limited has revealed it is backing an independent Blockchain based cryptocurrency project to be known as Nitro. Nitro has been designed to democratize the video-game economy by providing an accessible and user friendly platform allowing laymen to participate in and benefit from the economy of the video-game industry, while bringing together existing industry stakeholders onto an integrated platform and community.
Nitro will largely consist of two material parts, namely a new cryptocurrency called NOX and an online marketplace called Nitro Marketplace.
iCandy Interactive’s subsidiary iCandy Ventures Ltd., an entity incorporated and domiciled in the British Virgin Island, is responsible for developing NOX and managing the launch and issue of the new cryptocurrency via the existing Ethereum platform. iCandy Interactive is responsible for developing the Nitro Marketplace and undertaking marketing and related activities designed to foster a community around the platform.
NOX will be made available to interested purchasers via an online crowdsale, managed by iCandy Ventures, scheduled to begin on 25th October 2017 and end on the 8th November 2017. There will be up to 60 million NOX available for purchase via the crowdsale, raising up to 75,000 Ethereum (ETH) at a ratio of 1 ETH cryptocurrency token for every 800 NOX sold. At today’s prevailing Ethereum price, the NOX cryptocurrency tokens to be available for purchase through the crowdsale will be valued at approximately US$20million.
In consideration of the development and management of the NOX cryptocurreny tokens and management of the launch and issuance, iCandy Ventures will retain 15% of the total NOX Tokens on issue, or 18,000,000 NOX tokens.
Independent studies have estimated the global video-games industry was worth around US$90 billion for the year 2016 and this annual industry revenue is expected to grow 30% to US$130 billion by 2020. This will mean the video-games industry will generate almost nine times the revenue of Hollywood.
Even though the gaming industry is experiencing positive growth, it faces a few key issues to its continued success. The industry has started to become more and more of an oligopoly with the top 10 game companies dominating more than half of the global revenue. New game studios find it hard to access funding and resources to launch their new games and compete against the large corporate incumbents. The Board of ICI are of the view that, given the right funding structure and access for newcomer studios, new game studios are capable of producing promising hits such as mobile game-title Subway Surfers.
The fragmented and competitive nature of the industry at present means game studios must often market their games by paying high fees to marketing platforms, usually measured in term of Cost Per Installation (CPI). In laymen’s terms CPI is the cost paid to marketing platforms for each app installed by consumers on their devices. CPI costs for mobile games can be as high as US$3-US$5 per installation eroding the profitability of the smaller game studios.
Nitro: A global platform that empowers anyone to partake in the video-games economy
With the limitations of the industry in mind, iCandy Interactive is backing Nitro, a Blockchain-based cryptocurrency project designed to democratize the economy of the video-games industry and seek to address some of the industries inefficiencies.
iCandy Interactive together with its BVI subsidiary iCandy Ventures Ltd (“iCandy Ventures”) have allocated existing technical skill and resources to the development and management of the Nitro project.
iCandy Ventures is responsible for the development and management of the new cryptocurrency called NOX, a cryptocurrency token based on the Ethereum platform. iCandy Interactive shall develop and support the online marketplace, Nitro Marketplace, with the intention of fostering an engaged online community around the project through that market place.
iCandy Ventures will retain 15% of NOX cryptocurrency tokens being issued as the developer. This will allow iCandy Interactive and its shareholders to gain direct exposure to the cryptocurrency market. Despite the huge global interest in cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and others, the Board is aware that purchasing cryptocurrency requires a high level of technical knowledge and competency that a large portion of the investor public may not have. The benefits of the project include, for the first time ever to the Board’s knowledge, iCandy Interactive’s direct beneficial interest providing investors with a proxied opportunity to invest into the cryptocurrency market via equity securities listed on a recognized and regulated financial market.
NOX, the cryptocurrency token will be the centerpiece of Nitro’s activities, enabling token-holders globally to participate in the video game economy via:
- Voting for the new games they want to receive funding from Nitro
- Engaging with game producers and promoters in the games marketplace and using NOX tokens for in-game items/currency
- Game-titles funded by Nitro will share a portion of their revenue with Nitro and NOX holders stand to receive rewards for participation and contribution to the Nitro network from time to time.
The Nitro Marketplace will empower interaction and transactions between stakeholders across the video-games industry in an efficient manner. For example, it will allow gamers to discover and play new games promoted by game studios and in turn gamers will be incentivized directly by game studios to try out the new games.
The Board of iCandy Interactive is of the view that Nitro, more than anything else, will encourage diversity in a lucrative industry that is more and more dominated by large corporate players. Diversity is important in this creative industry that brings joy and entertainment to millions of gamers daily. The Nitro ecosystem is designed to have economics that will sustain itself with a sound business model. The Nitro project is not just for gamers or game studios but for the average person to partake in a sustainable economy that is built on the foundation of the macro economy of the video-games industry.
Nitro is a platform that will connect promoters, developers and gamers directly in an interactive market place, but they need a means to transact. A crypto-currency is the perfect mechanism to transact and to realise value in a secure and efficient way via Blockchain. Not only does NOX provide a way to transact, it can also be worked into the games themselves as rewards or credits. iCandy Interactive thinks that can drive engagement and help to create a whole Nitro community. Gamers and game developers are digital early adopters that could well understand and see the potential that a platform bound by a crypto-currency can provide.
iCandy Interactive believes that the Nitro project will be an important game-changer to the video-games industry. Nitro will connect the fragmented and disconnected value chain of the industry, envisioning an inclusive and holistic platform, where all parties are able to contribute to and benefit from the growth of the video-games economy.
NOX, as a cryptocurrency will be made available to interested purchasers via an online crowdsale. The crowdsale of NOX will be managed by iCandy Ventures in compliance with the business and investment laws of the British Virgin Island, where iCandy Ventures is incorporated. The crowdsale is scheduled to begin on 25th October 2017 and ends on the 8th November 2017 and will be conducted via Nitro’s website at www.nitro.live . A pre-sale prior to the crowdsale will be announced on the website soon.
Besides iCandy Interactive, Nitro is backed by tech and games industry veterans including Fatfish Internet Group CEO, Kin-Wai Lau, iCandy COOs, Gerald Tock and Desmond Lee; Reputable individuals in the venture capital industry such as General Partner of Incubate Fund, Masahiko Honma and General Partner of Orange Growth Capital Partner, Hans De Back; And Life.Sreda’s London-based Blockchain Fund, BB Fund.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017