The Energy Web Foundation (EWF) has launched a test network of the EWF Blockchain and application layer, constructed as a public network with permissioned validators. Its cutting edge, open source technology infrastructure will facilitate both commercial and noncommercial Blockchain applications in the energy sector.
The test network, codenamed Tobalaba, uses Parity Technologies’ Aura Proof-of-Authority consensus engine, enabling designated authorities to validate transactions following a jointly agreed governance structure.
Authorities that have already set up Validator nodes on the system are EWF affiliates Singapore Power Group, Engie, and Shell, together with EWF founders Grid Singularity, Rocky Mountain Institute and implementation partners Parity Technologies, Brainbot AG and Slock.it.
“Notably, the EWF Blockchain client will be made open source under the GPL V3 license,” said Ewald Hesse, CEO of Grid Singularity and Vice President of the Energy Web Foundation. “The source code will be available to the public from November 1, 2017, with enhancements added continuously and developments published on the EWF Wiki and presented at the Event Horizon annual summits.”
The EWF Blockchain client is based on the Parity Ethereum client, which is currently the most advanced, fastest and lightest full-node Ethereum implementation.
Its features and functionality are fine-tuned to address the needs of energy sector applications.
The newly developed permissioning features enable whitelisting of smart contracts and identities, facilitating standardization and maintaining security in an otherwise open network.
Another important objective is to enhance transaction throughput (at present increased by one order of magnitude compared to Ethereum mainnet), consensus algorithms, and create enterprise-grade deployment tooling and storage features.
EWF affiliates and founders work together to create joint standards and further global application of Blockchain technology in the energy sector with the goal of increasing efficiency and enabling new business models to improve the use of energy resources, especially renewables.
EWF Council Members Herve Touati, Ewald Hesse and Ana Trbovich will participate in the European Utility Week 2017 to present EWF advancements. EWF Advisory Board meeting will also be held to coincide with the conference.
The Energy Web Foundation (EWF) is a global non-profit organization focused on accelerating Blockchain technology across the energy sector.
The intent of EWF, through its Energy Web Platform, is to develop a market standard that ensures interoperability, reduces costs and complexity, aligns currently dispersed Blockchain initiatives, and facilitates technology deployment through easy-to-implement applications.
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019