Slovenian foodtech startup, OriginTrail, is adding a significant layer of trust to all product supply chains by innovating on a Blockchain. It is developing a decentralized solution which will close information gaps, save money, and increase trust between organizations. A highly efficient solution will have seamless interoperability between different IT-systems. OriginTrail is planning a Token Generating Event (crowdsale) in November to make the decentralized network open for anyone.
“We already have a strong track record of successful traceability projects with complex, global supply chains and from different food sectors. To bring trust on an even higher level, we started implementing Blockchain in our solutions in 2016. OriginTrail solution is already used by the leading Slovenian food producers to show the provenance of meat, dairy and vegetable products to consumers” said Tomaž Levak, co-founder and CEO. “Our mission is to break the information gap in all supply chains with a collaborative Blockchain-based solution. We have strong partnerships, experienced development team, and inspiring new pilot projects ahead of us.”
Getting supply chain to the Blockchain
With the globalization of trade, we face an inevitable increase of the complexity of supply chains. While enabling enormous efficiency, savings and more choice for consumers, complex supply chains also open doors for fraudulent behavior which can be hard to trace. Supply chain process setup is obsolete in today’s interconnected world. The major problem remains data fragmentation. IT providers who want to establish full supply chain visibility currently have no common ground for collaborative data exchange. Blockchain offers data immutability, but is not cost-effective and can only handle a limited amount of transactions.
OriginTrail is tackling this issue with its own decentralized solution that combines data from all stakeholders in the supply chain and performs consensus checks. Fingerprints of data are safely stored on a Blockchain. “We are already implementing the Blockchain-based solution with our partners. Four high-level pilot projects in Europe and China are being implemented and are using Ethereum Blockchain to track all points in a supply chain, from the primary producer to the point of sale” said Tomaž Levak. To help with the expansion, OriginTrail recently opened its second location in China.
“China presents a huge opportunity for development of retail in general. Being a large market, tech-savvy consumers in large cities increasingly pay attention to where their food comes from. They want to be reassured that what is written on the label in actually true” said Žiga Drev, co-founder and COO, who is managing operations in Shanghai, China.
Next stage: ecosystem, open for everyone
OriginTrail is developing its solution as an open, standard protocol which will help improve efficiency and increase trust in supply chains on a global scale. This peer-to-peer network enables further development of decentralized apps for supply chain management, optimization, compliance, certifications, and much more. The distributed network will be fueled by pre-mined utility tokens which are used to facilitate data processing and exchange functionalities of the network. OriginTrail is planning a Token Generating Event (crowdsale) in November.
“Our new protocol will bring interoperability and information integrity to the fragmented supply chain world. It will be a plug & play Blockchain-based solution, applicable for all product supply chains. By supporting global standards for data exchange (GS1, IoT, compliance standards), OriginTrail assures compatibility with all existing ERP systems, making implementation process seamless and efficient. Finally, it is fully decentralised and open source.” explained co-founder and CTO Branimir Rakić.
The solution will include all information along the supply chain and will enable verification of information at any time. It will be especially useful for complex, globalized supply chains, where implementation of a general solution is often halted or limited by the capabilities of individual systems. With Blockchain being the base of OriginTrail protocol, it firmly stands as a solution that brings the highest standard of data integrity.
Industry-renowned advisors and recognitions
Advisors to the project include professionals with industry-specific knowledge that will help the solution scale. Among them is John G. Keogh, global authority and advisor on end-to-end supply chain integrity and the application of supply chain standards and technologies. His advisory work is especially focused on food chain issues relating to policy, consumer safety, traceability, recall, brand protection and anti-counterfeit. He is working closely with the GS1 organization on global supply chain standards.
OriginTrail’s previous-stage solution was already internationally recognized. It has received 2016 People’s Choice Award in Food+City competition in Austin, Texas, and the winning award from Open Data Incubator for Europe in 2016.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017