The NEM.io Foundation, creators of the peer-to-peer NEM blockchain platform, today announced that ShapeShift will integrate NEM’s XEM token, providing greater liquidity options to token holders. ShapeShifts simple-to-use exchange plays an important role in the cryptocurrency ecosystem, and its extensive API is used by many third parties as the back-end to power services helping to provide liquidity to cryptocurrencies.
“At NEM, we are constantly looking for ways to better serve our community and XEM token holders,” said Lon Wong, President of the NEM.io Foundation. “We’ve received many requests to make XEM more available on exchanges, and our integration with ShapeShift is a major step forward in providing flexibility and liquidity to the community.”
The NEM team is working to integrate ShapeShift into their Nanowallet, to offer similar convenience already available through Changelly. The Nanowallet is a native NEM desktop wallet providing users the ability to directly exchange XEM for other cryptocurrencies. Through ShapeShift’s NEM integration, cryptocurrency ATMs will be able to support XEM, along with many consumer goods websites.
Since the NEM.io Foundation announced a $40 million expansion earlier this year, NEM has been rapidly developing Catapult, its second and completely augmented iteration. NEM’s expansion also includes at 10,000 square-foot Innovation Lab in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, which will house the NEM Blockchain Innovation Lab and serve as an accelerator, incubator, and coworking space. The NEM.io Foundation will also begin operations in Europe starting with a training program for software developers in October.
NEM’s smart asset solution, which does not require programming to create, was recently used by the Bankera and Comsa to help achieve record-breaking pre-ICOs.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020