The NEM.io Foundation, creators of the peer-to-peer NEM blockchain platform, today announced that ShapeShift will integrate NEM’s XEM token, providing greater liquidity options to token holders. ShapeShifts simple-to-use exchange plays an important role in the cryptocurrency ecosystem, and its extensive API is used by many third parties as the back-end to power services helping to provide liquidity to cryptocurrencies.
“At NEM, we are constantly looking for ways to better serve our community and XEM token holders,” said Lon Wong, President of the NEM.io Foundation. “We’ve received many requests to make XEM more available on exchanges, and our integration with ShapeShift is a major step forward in providing flexibility and liquidity to the community.”
The NEM team is working to integrate ShapeShift into their Nanowallet, to offer similar convenience already available through Changelly. The Nanowallet is a native NEM desktop wallet providing users the ability to directly exchange XEM for other cryptocurrencies. Through ShapeShift’s NEM integration, cryptocurrency ATMs will be able to support XEM, along with many consumer goods websites.
Since the NEM.io Foundation announced a $40 million expansion earlier this year, NEM has been rapidly developing Catapult, its second and completely augmented iteration. NEM’s expansion also includes at 10,000 square-foot Innovation Lab in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, which will house the NEM Blockchain Innovation Lab and serve as an accelerator, incubator, and coworking space. The NEM.io Foundation will also begin operations in Europe starting with a training program for software developers in October.
NEM’s smart asset solution, which does not require programming to create, was recently used by the Bankera and Comsa to help achieve record-breaking pre-ICOs.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019