The Worldwide Asset eXchange (WAX), a decentralized Blockchain platform for the development of secure and transparent online in-game virtual item exchanges, today announced the additions of Anthony Di Iorio, Dave Anthony, and Brian Fargo to its advisory board. Developed by OPSkins, the global leader in the $50 billion gaming “skins” market with over 150 million transactions, WAX will begin its public token pre-sale on October 10, 2017. WAX pre-sale token sale participants include Pantera Capital, Galaxy Digital Asset Fund, HyperChain Capital, and Bo Shen, founding partner of Fenbushi Capital and Blockassets, to help guide the overall direction of the WAX platform.
Anthony Di Iorio, co-founder of Ethereum, joins WAX with a mastery of Blockchain technology. Anthony is a serial entrepreneur, VC, and thought leader in the field of decentralized technologies. Anthony is the former Chief Digital Officer of the TMX Group and Toronto Stock Exchange, founder and CEO of Decentral, a software development company focused on Blockchain technologies, and founder and CEO of Jaxx. WAX is proud to have one of the foremost leaders in the Blockchain space to help guide the project to success.
Dave Anthony, a creator and developer behind Call of Duty, will bring his creative and logistical expertise to OPSkins and WAX. As a visionary behind one of the world’s most profitable video game franchises at over 250 million copies sold, Dave will guide WAX in facilitating the influx of a potential 400 million new gamers on the Blockchain.
“I’ve aligned myself with OPSkins because I trust its vision, and believe the WAX platform will be instrumental in onboarding the immense gaming community on to the Blockchain,” said Dave Anthony. “We’re at a pivotal point where the benefits for gamers and creators is well balanced, and I’m grateful to be a part of the team leading the charge into the gaming world’s newest frontier.”
Brian Fargo, founder of Interplay Entertainment and inXile Entertainment, will add a deep understanding of game development and distribution. Fargo’s mastery will guide WAX to become the first functional Blockchain-based virtual item exchange platform, offering gamers a clever new way to enjoy and monetize their gaming experience.
“We are extraordinarily proud to have these leading experts in the realms of business growth, gaming and cryptocurrency on our advisory team,” said WAX President and OPSkins CIO Malcolm CasSelle. “With experience serving millions of gamers and profound knowledge of Blockchain and finance, Anthony, Dave and Brian will use their respective talents to help us revolutionize the gaming industry through the Worldwide Asset eXchange.”
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019