TetzelCoin today launched its new ERC20 token SIN to tokenize forgiveness with its Blockchain-based confessional. The SIN token sale will run from noon Pacific Time today until midnight Pacific Time on January 1st, 2018.
85% of the proceeds from the SIN token sale are immediately donated to medical debt forgiveness through New York-based nonprofit RIP Medical Debt. Started by two former debt collectors, RIP Medical Debt seeks out, buys and cancels medical debt, no strings attached.
“In the pseudonymous world of the Blockchain it’s hard to reach out to someone we’ve hurt and apologize. How can we say we’re sorry and be forgiven? There’s currently no way,” creator Will Doenlen said. “Publicly confessing and doing a good deed like donating to medical debt relief makes the idea of forgiveness a little more tangible.” You can read more in the TetzelCoin white paper.
San Francisco-based TetzelCoin provides forgiveness on the Blockchain. Users confess a sin to the Ethereum Blockchain and pay what they believe their sin is worth in ether. In return they receive SIN tokens, marking them as forgiven. All of the confessions and how much they’re worth are further publicly visible on the TetzelCoin website.
It’s unclear what it means to own SIN and send it to someone else. Does that mean you lose your forgiveness? Or does it mean you’ve finally cleansed yourself of your sin? Users will have to tackle these questions on their own.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019