TetzelCoin today launched its new ERC20 token SIN to tokenize forgiveness with its Blockchain-based confessional. The SIN token sale will run from noon Pacific Time today until midnight Pacific Time on January 1st, 2018.
85% of the proceeds from the SIN token sale are immediately donated to medical debt forgiveness through New York-based nonprofit RIP Medical Debt. Started by two former debt collectors, RIP Medical Debt seeks out, buys and cancels medical debt, no strings attached.
“In the pseudonymous world of the Blockchain it’s hard to reach out to someone we’ve hurt and apologize. How can we say we’re sorry and be forgiven? There’s currently no way,” creator Will Doenlen said. “Publicly confessing and doing a good deed like donating to medical debt relief makes the idea of forgiveness a little more tangible.” You can read more in the TetzelCoin white paper.
San Francisco-based TetzelCoin provides forgiveness on the Blockchain. Users confess a sin to the Ethereum Blockchain and pay what they believe their sin is worth in ether. In return they receive SIN tokens, marking them as forgiven. All of the confessions and how much they’re worth are further publicly visible on the TetzelCoin website.
It’s unclear what it means to own SIN and send it to someone else. Does that mean you lose your forgiveness? Or does it mean you’ve finally cleansed yourself of your sin? Users will have to tackle these questions on their own.
- Government Committee Wants Total Ban on Cryptocurrencies in India - July 23, 2019
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019