While Bitcoin and the rest of the first generation cryptocurrencies were instrumental in the rise of digital cash, it didn’t implement the core concepts of decentralization and giving the power back to the people. While the cryptocurrency itself still works very well according to this promise, the real-time influence over Bitcoin has become centralized within the network.
For example, the cryptoworld has powerful mining cartels in the business who run the free market and now introduce forks on a seemingly regular basis. Bitcoin’s first fork; Bitcoin Cash, was largely due to the interests of miners and since then, the currency has split into two. Even though these changes may not mean that much, as Bitcoin still reigns supreme, but it is still a hindrance towards further updates and development on the original Bitcoin Blockchain.
Since more updates are coming our way on the Blockchain, two more Bitcoin forks are being planned in the near future. Thus, the threat of even more dangerous forks is real and has the potential to upend the once-level playing field that was the original vision of the Bitcoin movement.
SkyCoin is now coming up with a new concept built around a new algorithm created from scratch called Obelisk, and the new platform will be devoid of mining altogether, making it impossible for people with more resources to hold the future currency hostage with their moves.
Instead of mining, the new SkyCoin aims to launch a “Web of Trust” system, as they call it. The system will go further than the Bitcoin protocol to allow true decentralization of any platform. There are different facets of the development of Skycoin:
So, instead of making hefty claims over a new token’s performance, which in most cases are just promises that may or may not be honored, SkyCoin aims to take the long-term route. The SkyWire, a new decentralized internet based on the new Obelisk, they say is a true game changer for the world. Such a decentralized form of internet can be the holy grail of Blockchain development, and SkyCoin team is dedicating a large portion of their future to it.
Apart from groundbreaking improvements and ideas, SkyCoin is also launching some regular yet innovative products that can kickstart its acceptance and appeal in the crypto world. They include a SkyCoin Wallet 2.0, a new mobile wallet, and a site revamp. Other long-term targets like coding rewrite, cluster management and a quicker SkyCoin Wallet and exchange federation protocol are also in the works right now.
They aren’t looking for funding, but if you want to become a part of this inspiring future of the Blockchain, you can associate yourself with SkyCoin voluntarily. You can visit their website to find more information.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019