Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. has today announced a non-binding agreement to create a joint venture with Steemit Inc., the creators of first and largest blockchain-based social network, to establish a $20 million USD Steem Fund. The Steem Fund is a first-of-its-type venture capital fund for startups building solutions on the Steem blockchain and those which expand the Steem ecosystem. Investments from the Steem Fund will be comprised of both Steem tokens tradeable on liquid exchanges and through traditional US dollar investments.
The Steem Fund will be architected to support the accelerated development of applications based on Steem’s Smart Media Token (SMT) protocol, allowing native tokens based on the Steem blockchain. SMTs are a technology that allows individual organizations and companies to integrate a customizable and intelligent token system into their website, portal, or platform.
Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. CEO Rik Willard said:
“We’re proud to be the first publically traded company to make a significant investment in the Steem ecosystem. No current open source and public blockchain protocol is more mature, scalable, and as rapid as Steem. We are convinced that traditional media companies from every corner will find that Steem’s technology will be a better way to monetize and distribute existing content and future works.”
CEO of Steemit Ned Scott said:
“Today’s announcement makes the future for Steem brighter than ever. The Steem Blockchain is faster and already larger than the Bitcoin and Ethereum blockchains combined, and working with Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. is going to exponentially increase the number of applications built on Steem in an accelerated amount of time.”
Steem’s Smart Media Token (SMT) protocol is native to the Steem Blockchain, one of the most scalable and efficient blockchains in the industry, enabling content publishers of any size to implement revolutionary new revenue models through tokens that incentivize consumer engagement and interaction. SMTs can be run by any publisher without changing any website infrastructure or functions, breaking down barriers to enter the fastest growing industry in fintech, while creating a mutually beneficial bridge between consumers, content, and media revenue
Global Blockchain and Steemit will jointly determine the ticket size and distribution of all investments, currently planned for full deployment by 2020.
For more information visit, https://globalblockchain.io.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019