Seasoned healthcare executives and physician entrepreneurs announce the launch of MintHealth, a portable, secure, and self-sovereign personal health record (PHR) built using blockchain technology.
This global decentralized health platform will align all healthcare stakeholders around the shared goal of empowering patients to minimize their risk for developing and suffering complications of chronic conditions.
The mobile app leverages gamification technology for patient engagement and digital incentives called vidamints™. MintHealth will also release a companion clinical tool for healthcare providers to aid in managing the health of the populations for whom they provide care.
Visionary physician entrepreneurs, Drs. Samir Damani and Vishal Verma, are bringing their expertise to MintHealth to tackle the rising costs of global healthcare – a byproduct of a system that has largely focused on treating illness, rather than proactively managing modifiable risk factors including obesity, diabetes, hypertension, sedentary behavior, tobacco use, and poor nutrition.
Damani and Verma are currently Board Members and Founders of leading technology companies MD Revolution and Nucleus Health, respectively. Both companies have been focused on enabling better healthcare outcomes through improved data management and personalized healthcare delivery.
“While the idea of promoting wellness to improve health is not new, previous efforts have failed because of siloed clinical and behavioral data, the inability to incentivize patient behaviors, and the lack of a platform that aligns patients, providers, and payers around patient empowerment. Today, blockchain technology and the use of digital incentives, such as vidamints™, will revolutionize the way we manage patients at risk for and those who have already developed chronic conditions,” said Dr. Damani, CEO and co-founder of MintHealth.
In its first phase, MintHealth will be rolling out the platform to commercial health insurance plans, known as payers, to help engage patients with chronic conditions, such as heart failure, diabetes, hypertension, and other conditions that account for over 90 percent of healthcare costs today. In addition, patients at risk for, but not yet suffering from chronic conditions, will also benefit from the following features of the platform:
- Self-sovereign medical record designed to empower patients through control of their own health data.
- Incentive tokens in the form of vidamints™ and gamification to engage patients in their journey to better health.
- Blockchain enabled data liquidity that allows for seamless movement of clinical and behavioral data between existing physician and patient data siloes.
- Machine learning on a growing patient database to help identify predictors of disease and health.
MintHealth’s patient engagement platform will be accessible via web or mobile application, and designed to align patient and provider incentives to improve health outcomes and promote value-based care (greater quality per unit of cost). Patients will set up a self-sovereign personal health record (PHR) and be assigned a unique global identifier enabled by blockchain technology. The objective of the self-sovereign record will be to allow the patient to control permissions and access to their data in real time.
“The initial step of digitizing health data in electronic health record systems (EHRs) moved us towards value-based care. Now, patients need a self-sovereign, secure record that can seamlessly move between patient and provider data siloes, and in a manner that empowers them to be the CEO of their own health. Blockchain technology holds great promise for enabling the data liquidity necessary to execute on our vision of improved population health, and at lower cost,” said Tee Green, Executive Chairman of Greenway Health, a leading electronic health record vendor used by over 75,000 providers and touching nearly 100 million lives.
Incentivizing rewards and vidamints
Vidamints (VIDA) align stakeholders in the MintHealth ecosystem. The core functionality of the VIDA token is to reward patients for engaging in healthy behaviors that are assigned to them through the MintHealth mobile app.
VIDA tokens are funded by healthcare payers who have financial incentive to see patient populations improve their health, thereby reducing insurance claims around chronic conditions and lowering costs. Healthcare providers and the patient’s social network can also create and assign healthy behaviors. Once a behavior is assigned, VIDA tokens reside in an escrow vault smart contract and are delivered to the patient’s wallet upon successful completion of each behavior.
Upon receiving VIDA tokens, patients can use the tokens to receive discounts and as a method of payment to partially offset healthcare related expenses including premiums, co-pays, goods and services (e.g., pharmacies, physical therapy providers, spas, nutrition stores, etc.). Patients will also utilize the VIDA token to initialize their self-sovereign health record and to vote on important ecosystem data use policies.
MintHealth is a global decentralized health platform that aligns patients, providers, and payers around patient empowerment. The platform enables the patient to manage their own self-sovereign health identity and record, secured via blockchain, and engages the ecosystem to drive healthy patient behavior through the vidamint™ token. For more info, visit: https://www.minthealth.io/.
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018
- Tokenomy Announces the Full Launch of Tokenomy Exchange - September 17, 2018
- Pandora Boxchain Creates Reputation Token for the Ethereum network - September 13, 2018
- DNAtix Sets a New Record: Compresses DNA Sequences to 99 per cent of Original Size - September 12, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Femergy Launches Global Entrepreneurship Platform To Tackle Tech Gender Gap - September 12, 2018
- First Crypto Marathon held in Lithuania – Runners win Tokens - September 11, 2018
- EU Holds Off on Crypto Regulation - September 11, 2018
- European Parliamentarians Propose EU-Wide ICO Regulatory Framework - September 6, 2018
- Former Prime Minister of Estonia Becomes New Chairman of Blockchain Startup Lympo - September 6, 2018
- Warhol Goes Crypto – Multi Million Dollar Group Sale to 100 Participants Using Blockchain-Fueled Maecenas Platform - September 5, 2018
- Credits and Lenovo to join forces on the Internet of Things - September 5, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Wala Wins 2018 Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion - September 5, 2018
- Stellar Lumen Joins Lykke Exchange - September 3, 2018
- Arteïa, The Ultimate Decentralized Cataloging Solution To Manage The Value Of Art Collections - August 30, 2018
- Neon Exchange (NEX) – First Regulated Exchange Security Token in Europe – Announces ICO - August 30, 2018
- Evident Proof Passes Smart Contract Audit with a 100 Percent Score - August 29, 2018
- Blockchain Platform Orbs Marks Strategic Expansion Into South Korea - August 29, 2018
- Lisk Rolls Out Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet - August 29, 2018