Dash and BitINKA, a Latin American cryptocurrency exchange, have announced the DASH cryptocurrency will soon be integrated into the BitINKA exchange and remittance platform, allowing citizens of 12 Latin American countries to buy and sell the digital currency. The announcement comes as inflation in Venezuela set records in 2017 and rose as high as 21 percent during November in Argentina. Dash offers an alternative to government backed currency with fast, secure, low fee transactions.
Fernando Gutierrez, head of legal at Dash Core, said in a statement, “BitINKA is making it possible to use Dash with local currencies that previously did not have direct access. Latin America is especially important for us because many its countries tend to have weak currencies, and people are increasingly aware of the importance of access to digital currency.”
BitINKA provides exchange into digital currencies from more than nine different fiat currencies across Europe and the Americas, and aims to expand deeper into Europe and Asia in 2018, the company said. From January 25th, BitINKA will also add Dash to the cross border remittance platform InkaPay and debit card service.
Bradley Zastrow, director of global business development at Dash Core, said in a statement, “The remittance market into South America is huge – Brazil and Colombia alone are estimated to reach $8.2 billion in 2017 according to the latest forecasts from the World Bank. Yet these payments are often attached to high fees, less than favorable exchange rates, and long wait times. We have seen the negative impacts high inflation can have on people and entire economies. Dash offers solutions to both these issues through its low transaction fees, InstantSend functionality, and its historically strong store of value.”
To learn more about Dash, visit www.dash.org/.
To learn more about BitINKA, visit www.bitinka.com/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018