Viewly, a decentralized video platform based in Slovenia, announced Friday a token sale that will take place between Feb 20 and March 22. Viewly states that its social video platform aims to replace ad-based revenue models with a peer-to-peer network and smart-contract-based transactions on the blockchain.
The sale will offer 30 percent of /VIEW, an ERC20 token, at a hard cap of USD 12 million, which would value the project at USD 40 million. The crowdsale follows a seed sale of 10 percent of the tokens, held in October 2017. If the hard cap is hit, Viewly’s raise will come in just shy of the USD 15 million median for January initial coin offerings, according to Token Report data.
The Viewly project uses smart contracts and a peer-to-peer network to help video creators monetize content. The platform lets fans pay creators /VIEW via micro-payments, sponsorships, memberships, premium content buys and more. The blockchain application lets sponsors and creators agree to smart contracts pertaining to pricing and deliverables and then transact instant, trustless payments, according to the company’s statement.
In addition, Viewly believes that its bounties will incentivize users to participate in the peer-to-peer content delivery network. Users with extra storage and bandwidth will be able to run Viewly nodes that host and stream videos, and collect /VIEW tokens.
According to the company’s director, Stefan Furland, the goal is to replace the content monetization model associated with traditional video platforms, like YouTube, with a personal patronage one. “Ad-based video platforms are fundamentally flawed for both creators and their audiences,” he said, in a statement. “Only creators with large audiences can make a living off their efforts, and even then, they must give up nearly half their ad revenue. We are opening up opportunities for creators who have small, loyal audiences that don’t work within the current ad-based model. Viewly allows them to build a profitable channel without having to build an entire business.”
As of Feb 1, Viewly’s presale for large and strategic contributors is offering a bonus of up to 25 percent for a minimum of 100 ETH. (The sale will accept /ETH, /BTC, or /EOS.) In addition, buyers who whitelist Viewly before Feb 20, with a minimum participation of 5 ETH, will receive a bonus of 5 percent.
To learn more about Viewly, visit https://view.ly/
- TOOL Global Launches OLO Token To Monetize User Behavior - July 23, 2018
- Stratis Steam Ahead with Sidechains, Third Release This Month - July 2, 2018
- What’s Behind the $575 Million TaTaTu Private Sale? - June 25, 2018
- Constellation Launches Orion Community Portal, Airdrops DAG Tokens - June 22, 2018
- Is Metronome’s “Un-ICO” the Next Cryptocurrency Evolution? - June 18, 2018
- Zenodys Launches Private Sale for CoinZZ Token Ahead of July ICO - June 4, 2018
- Block.one Closes Record $4 Billion ICO of EOS - June 1, 2018
- Guardium ICO Adds XPRIZE’s Peter Diamandis as Participant, Advisor - May 30, 2018
- SingularityNET Launches $100 Million Industry Initiative to Fund and Support AI Blockchain Projects - May 25, 2018
- Bitmain Bets $110 Million That Circle Can Create the One True Stablecoin - May 17, 2018
- Is EOS Dumping Ether? Market Analyst Santiment Thinks Not - May 14, 2018
- Constellation Sets out to Build Fast, Scalable Blockchain Using DAG - April 17, 2018
- Monex Buys Post-Hack Coincheck for $33.5M, Aims For Eventual IPO - April 9, 2018
- Award-Winning Eligma Announces $24M ICO To Unify Online Shopping - April 5, 2018
- Algebraix Launches Public Token Sale With Help From CoinList API - March 29, 2018
- ALAX and Gionee Partner to Bring Mobile Gaming to the World’s Underbanked - March 22, 2018
- Havven Raises $30m for USD-Pegged Stablecoin Network - March 2, 2018
- iOlite Launches Foundation and ICO to Democratize Smart Contracts - March 2, 2018
- Australia’s Shping Launches Token to Change How Advertisers Reach Consumers - February 26, 2018
- HelloGold’s GOLDX: World’s First Shariah-Compliant Crypto Asset - February 21, 2018